Remnant 2 - Souls Shooter Sequel

Remnant: From the Ashes (Remnant: From the Ashes (Souls Shooter)) had a stupid name, but was my favorite game in 2019.

A sequel with a less silly name has been announced for 2023:

Not a lot of details yet, but it seems that they’ve kept the core elements so this is highly likely to be a day 1 purchases for me.

Yeah, I think the name and the greyness of it kept me from jumping on the original right away, but I was really pleased once I did. Great co-op game!

I thought it was a solid if uninspired Souls-like. I’m in for more of that.

The only Souls-like I’ve actually enjoyed, that’s an easy purchase.

I thought this game was great, looking forward to the sequel.

Best trailer of the Steam Game Awards show.

Total day 1 buy as I loved the first one!!

I’ve been playing the first game again since this announcement. Still amazing shooting and a fun, weird world. Really excited for the sequel.

Day 1 baby! Just fix the level generation to cut out all the long treks between fights, and I’m in!

I’d like to see more options/builds to play with as well.

Gunslinger class.

Quick breakdown of the changes shown in the recent gameplay livestream:

You can pre-order this for $50 for PS5 and XSX? Is that concerning? Shouldn’t it be $70?

No, this is not a AAA franchise. IIRC the first one launched at $35-$40.

Nah, this is basically the AA-sequel to a successful indie game. The first one, while fun, was wonky in parts, and the sequel seems to go for a better designed experience while still retaining the strong points of the first game. I also expect a paid add-on or two down the line, and I’d be down for that.

Still, nice of them to NOT follow the trend of FOMO-preorders, 150$ deluxe editions and in-game MTX stores. I might pick it up for that alone. (Well, and the first one was fun…)

Release is rumoured to be September; in that case, they’d have to compete with Starfield for attention.

The only games I see $70 are the big AAA games like CoD or Diablo, which this isn’t. It’s not concerning to me anyway, I was expecting ~$40.

positive impressions

Looks great. After the first one and Returnal not sure I need more though. Heavy on the red and brown again too. Though there is a doggy :)

Previews are looking great! Loved the first one a lot and this seems to be more of it!