Republic of Rome forum game

Whatever. It’s called rewarding thise with no influence. Not everyone can buy it in bushels like you.

Always the victim…all the way to the bank…

No, it’s called rewarding those I deal secretly with. Those who happen to have the most influence.

If the Senate decides to ignore our faction we will have no other option but to take into our own hands the attaining of more influence. Beware the consequences.

And more threats. How’s that working out for you?

No more threats, I’m afraid.

Whether you follow through or not, you’ve done nothing but threaten (Rome, everyone who doesn’t do what you want…etc.) since Year 2. Perhaps another tack may work better. Also I didn’t know @scottagibson and @Panzeh were just running the table with influence…

Oh, please, it’s you who has refused any collaboration deal any of us has proposed openly (your secret deals notwithstanding).

I’ll agree to a deal with the other 4 any year.

Feing ignorance. I called Acillius specifically, and I already said two times the New Men should get a consulship. So you either can’t read or you are trying to present alternative facts to the Senate. You know the Panzehians faction is the second influence-wise on the senate. And your partner.

I guess I’m not following that. Acilius’s faction has the second highest influence total, doesn’t it?

I read it as:

Rex Antiquis: 31
Panzeh: 26
Virtus Romana: 25
Kolbexarii: 20
Eastern Grain Company: 19
New Men: 10

He’s just trying to confuse the issue so the rest of the Senate doesn’t notice the manipulation.

Faction influence means nothing in the game. Individual does.

In any case, that is what I am doing.

In any case, I call for the other members of the Senate to vote against those nominations.

What about your threat you just made?

You are obviously ignoring our faction, damaging us and taking us out of Rome so we lose voting power. Talk about threats? you are already on the attack!

I call for the Senate to prosecute T Quinctius Flamininus this round!!!

It’s not going to fly, but it’s worth a try. We do have to start getting rid of would-be-kings anyway.

Several of us have already suffered the death of a family leader, which cost us hard-earned influence. Individual influence is always at risk, right? So faction influence isn’t irrelevant.

I’m not objecting, mind you. I’m asking why the choice?

You just had a family die, so I’m nominating you even though you had one last turn. Panzeh hasn’t gotten a Consulship. All his eggs are in one basket. So are mine, but I am taking the risk. Fairness. Also unseemly to nominate myself for Consul.

Kolbex and Craig are getting a Dictator/MoH bump this year. Moneybags has money.

I’m kind of the odd man out actually.

Yes, and by the time I woke up I had 70 posts to go through!

As I spent all but one talent to the Roman treasury I will make an unmodified knight roll for Fulvius.

Yeah, which puts me overexposed should that leader die as well. It’s the catch 22 of a 5 mil leader. You need to spread the influence, but when the Macedonians won’t go away, who keeps getting the call?

Also @rho21 I forgot to tag you above.

Basically. Same has happened to me. And my War sucked in terms of profits.

I know, right? Like these people making bank off of Rome’s wars and financially threatening the State every year. It has to stop.