Resident Alien - Alan Tudyk on Syfy

Resident Alien is probably the best thing that Syfy has aired in years. It has the right blend of comedy with serious issues and all of the actors did well ( the episode where the milquetoast mayor and his hot wife take on the murdery “men in black” agents was both awesome and hilarious ) Tudyk of course was fantastic through out the series. Looking forward to season 2.

Abso-freaking-lutely. I’ve enjoyed Tudyk in just about everything he’s done, but the whole cast and show also works for me, here.

Season 2 teaser!

https://youtu.be/kXVOil0mAeg

MAN I WANT MORE RIGHT NOW.

THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT.

I got peacock to watch the Olympics.

I started watching Resident Alien. Only one episode but I already love it.

2 episodes in, I really love what this show is doing. It’s like a really unique mix of comedy and serious drama, and science fiction.

If you like it 2 episodes in, just wait. You are going to love it by the time you get to the end of season one. This show is miles above the usual Syfy fare. Which means it will probably get axed after season 2 and get picked up by Amazon.

While 8man is catching up, should mention that season 2 has started. First episode continues to be quite good, although it basically makes no attempt to get you up to speed, so check out some recaps or rewatch the last episode to remind yourself what’s happened.

I’d basically forgotten about the hot Doctors Without Borders doctor plotline, and I couldn’t quite remember some of the details around the Government people.

Its funny to see the kids. The actors have grown up, like, well, like kids do over the course of an intervening year.

You’re in for a great ride. The show keeps getting better as it goes on. All the throwbacks to other shows, sci-fi and whatnot were part of the fun ride.

In the middle of the 9th episode now. What a great show. I love how they have all these humans on the show that turned out to be kind of caricature characters on the surface, but all turned out to have different sides as the Alien got to know them better. Of course, on one level, that’s kind of what every tv show does, as you find out more about the characters, but here it works really well because of what the alien’s expectations are, and what the audience’s expectations are based on having seen other TV shows and movies.

“The Alien Tracker is after me”.
“There is no further explanation required. His name is Alien Tracker”.

This show slays me.

You’ll love season 2. It’s firing on all cylinders. This week’s episode was particularly inspired.

I really like how they’ve cast some great actors who look and act like normal people. The show isn’t filled with unrealistically beautiful people - the women have curves and the dudes are handsome, but aren’t models.

And @Rock8man, the writers have continued to show new sides of the characters into the second season as well. The sheriff especially is getting more time on screen, and he’s awesome.

I just adore the actor who plays the Sheriff. He was AMAZING In The Closer.

I saw the season finale this morning.

At the end I don’t really understand how Aster and Max showed up at that warehouse with the space ship. Did I miss a scene where they discover that’s where Harry is going or something? That was weird.

Anyway, great finale, as it could have worked great as a series finale if the series had been cancelled.

If I recall correctly, didn’t they place her phone on a car, then tracked the phone?

I believe so yes.

Not sure if I should start Season 2. The Olympics will be over next week, and I’ll likely not subscribe to Peacock next month. So I might wait on Season 2 for the next time I get Peacock.

At least Season 1 ended on a nice note in terms of it feeling like a good point to take a break from the series.

Peacock has a free offering…I haven’t done a direct comparison, but you might be able to watch it on the free version as well? You can watch most of the stuff on there with the freebie app.

I’ve been a little mixed on this season. I feel they’re leaning a bit heavy on Nathan and alan and unfortunately the kids have started to grow up outside the time frame of the show. I do really like what’s going on with darcy and asta and the sheriff, though. AND i did absolutely love the dead south getting some screentime…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY

Yeah, me too. I think the first season was only 10 episodes and I’m presuming this one will also be 10 but I feel like there’s a lot of “down time” and I’m getting bored. Its pacing is really more like a 23 episode season IMHO.