Resident Evil 7

So, uh, this isn’t like Resident Evil 5 at all. I guess that’s what I get for going in blind.

Also, yikes! I’m hiding this behind spoiler tags to make it blurry and therefore less scary.

-Tom

It may be blurry to us Tom, but they can still see you. Yeah, they can still see you.

I’m impressed you managed to avoid hearing about the changes. It must’ve been quite a surprise, especially coming off the lackluster, but over-the-top Resi 6.

I accidentally stayed up really late last night playing this. It was the first time in years. I started on the Madhouse difficulty, which was a huge mistake as I couldn’t get passed the first stealth section. Since you can’t switch in-game, I had to restart which was a huge pain, but now I’m enjoying the game on normal.

I just got the snake key and everything’s gone to hell! Previously safe areas are now populated by enemies and I’m scared to explore :(

It’s hard to say anything about this game without saying too much, but here’s a cool thing I noticed about the books laying around the Baker house. One of the books is called Wartime Photojournalism, which I’m assuming is a reference to Frank West. I mean, he’s covered wars, you know. Another one of the books is called Home and has a picture of a house on the cover that looks kinda like the house from a classic X-Files episode with the same name. If you haven’t seen that episode you’re probably a bad person and should feel bad, but it’s got a very similar vibe to RE7 so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an inspiration to the designers.

I’ve been trying to stick to my rule of only playing this game after 9PM but I got tired early last night and now I want to play again. Guess I’ll go distract myself with the new Hitman elusive target for a while…

And, finished! I give it two gross corpsified thumbs up! This game took me from not caring about these games anymore to wanting to play the whole series. Probably gonna wait for the remake of two, though.

Now to go talk to the…absolutely zero people I know who played this game. Damn it.

OK, So here is UFC World Champ Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson twitch streaming RE7 with VR when he encounters an evil resident. (cut to the interesting part)

The Gamecube remake of RE has been remastered for PS4, Windows and XB1 and is really good IMO.

Oh, nice. I really liked that when I played it on the GameCube. Might have to do a marathon later this year.

Yeah, that episode reminded a whole lot of Buried Child the Sam Sheperd play. Really do think the devs did ALOT of homage homework for this game. This game is a HUGE step up from similar games like Outlast, Amnesia and Condemned. They really went all out on this one. I have been playing alot of RE this week, (and RE6 is actually really cool!) so its cool to see them go FULL THROTTLE into horror first person.

I can’t speak to the validity of this rumor, but I would be very sad if this was the case.

Score attack birthday party is one of the new modes.

Haha Capcom. Like VR will save them.

I just hope the idiots make another Devil May Cry game before they go under.

Capcom along with Tecmo/Koei have the worst DLC practises

Why? All of the people who made DMC good left Capcom and made Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.

I’ll even take crap at this point, honestly.

In Capcom’s latest earnings report, we’ve gotten some sales numbers.

Resident Evil 7 has sold 3.5 million units since launch to March 31st. That’s half a million short of the 4 million Capcom projected. Despite it falling a bit shy of the goal, Capcom said they consider it a “solid performance” so this franchise is good to go.

I keep waiting for this game to hit a PS4 digital sale so I can grab it and actually use my PSVR…and shit my pants. I have a rule where I don’t pay full price for a game anymore unless that game is made by Nintendo.

Gold edition coming at the end of the year.

DLC game play video of some guy named Chris.

Tried playing this in vr. Got to the first house then had to take off the headset because I felt nauseous. Anyone have this issue and have a work around? I think it was the looking around while walking that did me in.