Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

I found this quote on another message board that just about sums things up perfectly…

“I pity anyone who pisses off Kiefer this season, no matter how evil they are. A hacksaw? He just doesn’t give a fuck anymore.”

Blood is gonna flow this season.

Oh, and even though it’s mentioned several times already, the daughter (Elisha Cuthbert) is really really damn hot. As hot as 10 really hot women. On the sun.

Oh, and for “I Am Jack Bauer”, she’s 19, so don’t feel that bad for thinking those thoughts in that opening scene when she’s washing up in the bathroom.

a hilarious part for oregon residents was the screen note identifying the president’s location as “Lake Oswego, Oregon.” Lake Oswego is a heavily populated suburb of the biggest city in Oregon, and the lake is mega-developed. They would have been surrounded by traffic, houses, and thousands of gawkers if the President of the USA had decided to go fishing on the real Lake Oswego. Plus they wouldn’t have caught shit!

quibble quibble quibble

Looked totally fake too. It’s not like there aren’t a million real, secluded and beautiful lakes in the state. Weird choice.

The Lake Oswego bit WAS hilarious, since I live less than five miles from the lake. I was watching the show with a friend and we both burst out laughing when we saw the sign.

More musings from tonite’s Bauer Power Hour:

1. Nina reference! Kindasorta!
  2. Kim is still dumb-as-fuck, but…
  3. Kim apparently has Jack’s “ass-kicking” genes.
  4. Stupid annoying YT from The Rock is stupid annoying YT again.
  5. A spoiler rumor from six months ago is looking a lot more plausible now.
  6. “Well, he shouldn’t be playing with adults.”

Damn, last week Jack hacksaws a guys head off (right after shooting the bastard in the heart), and this week he almost tears off that other guy’s leg without any exertion at all. One word compadres: COLD.

Daughter subplot is still contrived as hell. Anyone else thinking that she should take the Canyonero she’s driving and just bulldoze CreepDaddy’s convertible out of the way? Come on Girlfriend! Show some adaptability!

I’m thinking it’s an H bomb. The gas shown leaking in the promo makes me think it’s tritium, which is used for an H bomb. Cause a regular ol’ A Bomb doesn’t really need gas. Just a core of highly explosive plutonioum and a trigger.

The daughter subplot is really throwing me off. Why didn’t she just run up to one of those burly construction workers and scream bloody murder? Why did she drive into the deserted ally instead of going straight for the most populated area available?

And after you’ve been kidnapped several times in the last year, why, oh why, would you leave the fricken girl behind? It just doesn’t make any sense. Pick her up and run, dammit.

When shows force people to make the dumbest decisions just to advance the plot it really annoys me.

If only the daughter ran around in her undies for the entire length of the season, I’d be happy.

— Alan

Undies would be nice, but as long as she keeps running in the tight shirt I’ll be happy.

Kim is a big bad of stupid, made slightly less stupid by having a 7-year old with a head injury as a sidekick.

But her hotness and inheritance of BAUER KILL GENES kinda makes up for the stupidity. For me, at least.

Hotness AND Bauer Kill Genes (BKGs). Throw in slow-motion sequences of her running through sprinklers and the show would be perfect.

Ingoring my duplicate topic on the show…

More 24 goodness tonight. They didn’t foil the attempt to blow up CTU, which I really appreciate. Bonus points for good “sweaty Kim runs toward the camera” scenes. The “So I married a terrorist” subplot is going nowhere fast. Not enough of Palmer laying the smack down on people who try to slip one by him, but I think it’s coming and in a big way.

And the CTU boss who’s gonna die! Man, this season has some serious “holy shit” in it. Great stuff. I look forward to him being a total reckless bastard now that he knows he’s going to die anyway. But I can see it now: he’s going to give his life to save a bunch of people in a “you get out of here while I keep my finger on the detonator” kind of situation.

Is it just me, or does each show end and it feels like you’ve been watching for only 20 minutes?

Totally agree. Seem like there are a lot of commercials that cut up the action.

George being terminal… boy, doesn’t that just scream “GUY WHO IS GOING TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF BY THE END OF THE SEASON GUYS HE’S ALREADY DEAD MAN WALKING”

Daughter sublpot and I Married a Terrorist sublplot… ugh. The former is still totally contrived, while the latter needs to develop something very soon. Though I don’t mind the hotness of I Played An Alien in The Faculty girl.

What do you mean you can’t go to the police?! You’ve got a wife with a black eye, a kid who was knocked unconscious, and you think the police are going to arrest you for kidnapping? I really hate it that the writers are forcing me to believe that Kim Bauer is just really, really stupid.

But she is damn fine. Somehow that makes it all better.

The Marshall Mathers Movie made me miss the first ten minutes or so. I started watching when Jack was riding around in a van with CTU-hating YTs.

PoorMan’sCateBlanchett is starting to bug me a lot also.

I was relieved to see that Kim could take a bus safely. I thought maybe the Drazens had a thrice-removed cousin in a trademark DRAZENVAN ready to snag her.

I wonder if Mason is gonna morph from a chickenshit to a MAN WITH NO FEAR.

I’m waiting for some judicious applicationg of Presidential Backhand.

And Kiefer doesn’t spare himself when it comes time to deliver pain in the name of country and badassness.

What I noticed last night is that Jack Bauer is practically a guest star in his own show this year.

I think he was on screen last night less than Sara Gilbert.

Lose the fucking marriage subplot, or make it relevant pretty damn fast, people!

Did you fuckers know that Xander Berkeley (whose character got plutonium gassed last night) is fucking the woman who played Nina last year?

FUCK YEAH!

But now they’ll both be off the show.

BOO!

Well, I’m just waiting for hot, sweaty, soot-stained Kim Bauer to have to tear strips of her shirt off to use as makeshift tourniquets for the injured at CTU.

Well, I’m just waiting for hot, sweaty, soot-stained Kim Bauer to have to tear strips of her shirt off to use as makeshift tourniquets for the injured at CTU.

Haha! That’s what I was thinking! That top should be getting pretty tattered this year…