Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

If anyone misses an episode, let me know. I’m traficking in .mpgs of the show. I’ll hook you up.

Sign me up Roger…I rarely am home on Tuesdays - work and all that.

We also need to start a Maxim, FHM, etc. watch. Unless she has already appeared there and I have missed it. OTOH, maybe she is against that sort of thing and will not do that type of shoot. If that is the case, it makes her that much hotter.

[quote=“Tyjenks”]

We also need to start a Maxim, FHM, etc. watch. Unless she has already appeared there and I have missed it. OTOH, maybe she is against that sort of thing and will not do that type of shoot. If that is the case, it makes her that much hotter.[/quote]

She’s been on FHM a coupla issues back already. It was the first sign of Kim Hotness before the season premiere aired.

Likewise with Maxim awhile back.

Well, hell’s bells. Thanks tho.

Quick take on the latest (11/19/02) episode:

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

• Jack Bauer, Professional Badass. Takes down all 3 CTU bombers with nary a scratch. IIRC, he shot Eddie at least 2-3 times in the head while Eddie was driving at him, AND shot him a couple times in the back of the head for good measure. Too bad he didn’t get the chance to do the same for Joe Wald.

• Kim Bauer, Complete Moron. Seriously, I think she gets dumber every episode. By mid-season blow-up dolls will have a higher IQ. Still hot, though.

• President Palmer, Presidential Badass. That felt SO good to see him deal with that assface, Rayburn (the NSA guy).

• The return of Nina??? Now it feels like the writers are bringing her back just for the sake of bringing her back. Sure, it explains the CTU security knowledge Joe Wald’s crew knew about, but bringing her back just seems kind of hokey.

• Oh, anyone else besides me think the bride’s father is the one with the terrorist link, and NOT Raisa? I definitely got that “bad guy” vibe from the father when he was speaking to the elder daughter.

Overall, a good episode with action and lots of food for speculation. The Kim Bauer subplot gets more annoying every episode, but it will be worth it if at some point in the season Jack Bauer just breaks that abusive father.

I agree about the bride’s father - he had a real sinister feel to him. Perhaps he and maybe-terrorist are in it together? Did we ever find out how maybe-terrorist met alien-chick-from-The-Faculty?

And wife-beater father is due for a serious ass kicking. There’s no way he gets through this series without some major retribution coming his way. He’ll get his, at least he better, because it’s the only thing keeping me interested in that sub-plot (besides Kim’s hotness).

Professional badass indeed. Don’t take a long distance potshot at Mr. Jack or he’ll just run down the engagement range and get you. I love the shootouts in “24”.

What do most action dorks do when a baddie is driving towards them? Probably bob and weave around in some hokey way behind conveniently-placed rocks and so forth. But Jack Bauer CALMLY KEEPS SHOOTING AND LEISURELY WALKS A FEW STEPS OUT OF THE WAY.

He doesn’t even let GIANT ATTACK DOGS get in his way.

The Nina reference I thought I spotted two episodes ago was when MaybeTerrorist’s passport indicated he was last spotted in Germany…where Nina was supposed to meet up with her bosses at the end of Day One.

Girlfriend commented that she thinks MaybeTerrorists and FatherOfTheBride are partners.

Is it just me, or does Jack Bauer have this sort of Terminator-esque “Don’t fuck with me or you’ll be dead in a very unpleasent and ultimately messy manner” aura about him? I mean, not everyone is -that- kind of badass, but he and Arnold sure are/were.

Spoilers
=-

I think the father was funneling money out of his own company and that’s what prompted the other daughter was investigating.

All the touchy, feely stuff with Roseanne’s daughter is annoying. Former Soul-Patch boy, “She deserves a chance to live.” “I brought her in on this job. It’s all she ever wanted to do.” Yikes. Just stop it. That’s horrible. She can give the encryption code, die, and that entire story line can die with her.

The shootouts are great. Quick and to the point. No shooting over garbage cans that are 8 feet away from each other a la ‘Police Squad’. Kiefer, also great. The wait 'til the very end to open the door while Jack rants only to hand over the pictures and blow your head off was a little tired, but that I can live with. Darlene has to go.

Dontcha just want to scream at the stupidity of the characters on this show? Like, 90-percent of their hostility toward one another would go away if they JUST TOLD THE TRUTH.

Kim, YOU ARE BEING ACCUSED OF CHILD ABUSE. Why are you getting so defensive about it? Just TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH. I am just the nanny. The big, mean father is the one responsible. I can prove it, cause I just started working for them a few days ago. But the entire way she just starred down that nurse made her look so guilty.

George, get Tony off your fucking back and just tell him the fucking truth. I GOT SHOT AT AND BREATHED IN PLUTONIUM FUMES INVESTIGATING THE BOMB AND NOW I HAVE ONE DAY TO LIVE.

Lynn, just tell the President THE FUCKING TRUTH up front, that way he doesn’t have to pull the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF RANK SHIT and browbeat it out of you.

Jack is a total bad-ass because HE TELLS WALD THE FUCKING TRUTH UP FRONT. Look what happens. Wald opens the door and shoots himself, so Jack doesn’t have to bother.

Did anyone honestly expect Nina not to return this season? I mean, that was the whole point of her escaping at the last minute last year, right?

Plus, you know, the whole “you killed my wife and unborn child” confrontation revenge thing ya got there. It would be great if Kim “I can’t stand up for myself but boy and I hot” Bauer killed her in the final episode. While running toward the camera in slow motion with a torn shirt. That would rock.

Good to see some Extreme Badassness out of Jack and The Pres this week. 24 continues to be my favorite show on network TV.

Thoughts on 11/26 episode.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Not a big “action” episode, but I guess there has to be some storyline/exposition eps inbetween the Jack-Bauer-kicks-ass eps.

Kim Bauer, still a moron. Does anyone honestly believe she wouldn’t blab the nuclear bomb secret almost immediately? How much do you want to bet she gets caught by the father trying to sneak Megan out of the hospital? I say she not only gets caught, but arrested, forcing Jack to take a time-consuming detour to bust her out of jail because he’ll be sure they can’t stop the bomb from going off.

Raisa, the red herring. Seriously, the more they deal with him, the more I suspect he’s an innocent caught in a bad situation, and that the Bride’s Father is the real terrorist financier.

Jack Bauer, not much of a badass this ep but looks like he’s back in form next ep. I’m really looking forward to see him just cap Nina after she tells him the information he needs, and to hell with any pardon.

The Blown-up Ambassadors. I really hope they don’t make it some Big Twist that the terrorists are purposefully trying to provoke a war between the US and the unnamed terrorist nation. I also hope it isn’t another sleazy presidential advisor with his own agenda trying to prevent the sharing of information with the terrorist nation. They already dealt with the NSA jerkoff, they better not have to deal with another one this soon.

Overall, kind of a “blah” episode. What’s good about the show, though, is that whenever the pace slows down a bit, they tease you with next week’s episode looking really good. And they usually deliver.

I thought it was a good episode, although every time Jack looks at Nina I keep expecting him to say “I’m going to need another hacksaw.” And yeah, you have to wonder how many people Kim will blab the Big Secret to before all is said and done. It only took her approximately .7 seconds to ignore her father’s warning and call her pal Miguel.

Agree about Raisa - it’s dad who’s doing this. It’s just the “no we’re not saying all Arabs are terrorists” kind of twist they’d throw in there.

If it weren’t for that shirt I’d be going picture-in-picture during Kim’s segments.

Is it me, or does FatheroftheBride/Probably Terrorist bear a striking resemblance to John Walker Lindh’s dad? I keep thinking that it’s some kind of weird coincidence, but who knows…

I agree. JUST HOW IDIOTIC is Kim Bauer? First, blabbing to her boyfriend about the Nuke. (And that guy looks like he’ll be blabbing it to everyone in about 15 minutes). But also, why is she scared of cops? It’s not as if cops can’t recognize a wife and child beater like that piece of scum. And Kim knows she can call in the Federal government to vouch for her.

The entire Kim subplot is just killing this season.

“The entire Kim subplot is just killing this season.”

I don’t like it either, but they recognized they had a bankable babe magnet, who could appear on all the mens magazine covers and attract male viewers in the desired demographic.

Personally, I wish they had made Kim’s character react to her mother’s death by signing up with the Navy Seals or SWAT or something, so she’d have something more interesting to do than fuck up over and over again.

here’s a lame subplot idea: Kim and her boyfriend are being chased by the cops after kidnapping the kid, and they are about to get caught in a dead-end alley in a lousy neighborhood when they run into the druggie kidnapper love interest from last season, who rescues them and puts them up in his house. then we get three episodes of her current boyfriend distrusting the druggie and the druggie hating the new boyfriend… yawn, i sure hope they don’t go there. that would bore the fuck out of me