Rick and Morty

Dark episode this week. I couldn’t quite tell what it was going for, but I enjoyed the jokes well enough.

It had some good moments. But I’d put it in the middle of the pack.

I caught up this morning. Both good episodes. I enjoyed this meta episode more than the previous one. The social media one feels a little stale in the subject matter, but Rick & Morty have a unique enough twist that I enjoyed it.

Really enjoyed the solar knights episode. I was only half way through when I recognized the Jack Black cameo. This season is substantially better than the last.

Agreed, I’ve enjoyed all of the episodes since this season resumed and most of the episodes in the first half.

Pink Floyd’s song was beautiful as a backdrop in this episode. Never thought I’d hear it in Rick & Morty. Good episode.

I loved the mention of the “acid vat” solution earlier in the episode off-handedly, and then seeing how things eventually ended up… made me laugh.

The attention to detail and sharpness of the scripts still remains strong in this show. Crazy that they can continue to keep it up, but man they do.

I spent ages with the Knights actors on the tip of my tongue before I realised it was the Peep Show people.

I hadn’t caught that! I suppose this show can pretty much get anyone these days. I remember hearing something about a Kanye episode having been recorded(on a Harmontown I think), but now I suspect we won’t be seeing that…ever.

Don’t know why, Rick and Morty sometimes have episodes in fascist realities.

This was a great episode, probably the best this season.

I also caught up tonight, and yeah, that may have been the best so far. I’ve really loved all of them except for the meta-episode that was first after the break, though. I hesitate to say “return to form”, since it never really was bad, but this is the best season of the past few.

Stellar finale.

A good finale, but overall a pretty mixed season. Some good stuff in there, I particularly liked some of the first half of the season, but some of the other episodes were pretty flat.

I think the only episode that fell flat for me was the dinosaur episode. Definitely the best season in awhile.

Looks like Disney+, Prime Video and Peacock Premium all have Miracle on 34th St. I never had a desire to watch it before, but now that I’ve seen the extended cut on Rick & Morty, I have a real burning desire to watch it as soon as possible.

Do watch it. Natalie Wood as a child was ridiculously adorable, and the British dude who played Kris Kringle was fantastic. Also John Payne and Maureen O’Hara, c’mon.

Ooooweee that’s not good

Yikes…first Channel 5, now this.

I guess that does it for me on both Solar Opposites and Rick and Morty.