Rick and Morty

Shit. If that’s true I suspect 40% of new shows I actually watch are about to be cancelled.

So do I finish High On Life now or what?

The real peach here is that it’s a two and a half year old case being reported on.

I don’t get this either. It seems serious, so why wasn’t it news until an official charge?

Well, that blows. I mean, innocent until proven guilty and all, but this strikes me as pretty bad from the get-go. I mean the courts gave a protective order, and everything has been sealed away from the public. I would assume that means there is some pretty damning evidence out there.

How is that possible though? We hear about every time any celeb drops a coffee on the street, how did this get missed?

Really fucking sucks though, for the hundreds of employees that work with the guy, as I can’t imagine this will do the products he is involved with very good. I mean… damn.

And it’s not like the last 2.5 years haven’t been huge for Roiland.

I think that article is missing some pieces. If he was charged in 2020, why is he just now in 2023 going to a pre-trial hearing? I’m inclined to a wait-and-see attitude until we see a verdict and/or better reporting.

I mean, we have, literally nothing to judge on, other than a not guilty plea and no details other than the charge (which sounds very bad)

I am sure we will all know more real soon.

You from 20 minutes ago doesn’t seem to think so?

Those damn millennials misusing the word literal again.

Comparing the output of both Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland makes me think that Justin is the lesser part of the R&M equation, in the writing. However, after many seasons, his voice acting is a key part for the show, so let’s see what happens :/

And there we go

It’s just replacing one of the co-creators of the show, who is also the primary voice talent, what could go wrong?

Not a defense on Roiland’s actions (I hope that’s obvious), but I’m not optimistic about the future of the series.

In fairness, Harmon is much more my style of humor, so I’m excited for him to have more control. Though he’s also not such a great dude towards women, per the old Community writers room…

Well, there goes the series. They’re never going to be able to get someone to voice those two characters who sounds quite right.

Fun while it lasted, I guess.

I’ll get used to the new voices. I’m still here for the Harmon writing.

Same. Community is really high up on my list of favorite comedy series of all time.

I get what you’re saying about the writing, but none of the WB cartoon characters Mel Blanc voiced ever sounded right to me once he was gone, especially Bugs. The actors on Tiny Toon Adventures came closest but they were playing different characters.