Ridiculous Movies (but not B movies)

Well no. That’s pretty much boilerplate time travel right there. If they had traveled back to prehistoric times and engaged in dogfights with pterodactyls, that would have been kind of cool in a slightly weird way.

Hell, Back to the Future is more conceptually bizarre than this.

Does Lifeforce count, or is it considered a B movie? Cause I discovered it pretty recently on Netflix after managing to somehow miss it for three decades. Definitely a totally weird and awesome flick.

That’s a tough call. It’s Golan-Globus trash, but so much money and talent went into it. If you like it (and who doesn’t) it’s loosely based on an earlier movie which is worth watching even more.

Now THAT was a fucking great movie. Off to Netflix.

I liked that movie but was remembering it as The Philadelphia Experiment. I guess they were similarish.

Wait, what was the Philadelphia Experiment? Was that the one where the kid built a homemade nuclear weapon for the science fair?

That’s The Manhattan Project. Which I keep thinking is called Project X with Matthew Broderick.

Time travel with a navy destroyer:

Based on an urban legend:

Hey, I don’t think I ever saw that one!

Seconded. This is a profoundly bad movie. The only good thing about it was the nudity. Literally the only thing.

Also bear in mind the requirements of the topic here. Budget seems to be the most relevant criteria, because B movies have tiny budgets

Maybe @tomchick should do a 3x3 on this one, could be interesting. Fun even.

I tuned in to the middle of it and the first thing I saw was Roxanne played by Rosario Dawson. I was baffled. Was Oliver Stone trying to make some kind of political statement about whitewashing? Does he just assume everyone outside of Europe is generically “brown”? Is this a fantasy movie that just uses the names of real people like 300?

I lasted about 3 minutes before I decided it wasn’t for me.

Still not sure what was intended by “ridiculous” in this context, but I offer:

So I Married an Axe Murderer
UHF
Married to the Mob

Well, I probably haven’t done a great job articulating what I’m thinking when I say “ridiculous” but I’m basically thinking, not only did someone approve the movie but they threw names and millions of dollars at it. Like the legendary “The Day the Clown Cried” with Jerry Lewis playing a clown who leads children at a concentration camp to the gas chamber. Or maybe “Bright”, that recent Netflix movie with orcs and elves as L.A. Cops. Just out there stuff, but also clearly well financed and supported, I guess.

I believe Season of the Witch fits here.

Still meaning to watch that as it got done by both the Flophouse and HDTGM. It shows up on terrestrial TV occasionally, so I should just record it I suppose.

Heh. I’m actually recording it right now. Seeing it listed on TV is what reminded me to put it here.

I recall seeing this a few years ago, it drifted back into memory after a co-worker mentioned something about enema’s. I was surprised to like it enough to remember it, and it was very strange / ridiculous. :)

I love that movie. Hopkins is great as usual.

“In a post-apocalyptic future, THE KID, a young solitary scavenger obsessed with comic books must face his fears and become a reluctant hero when he meets a mysterious girl named APPLE…”

Ridiculous and super gory too. THE KID has a power glove that gibs. Ok probably a B movie.

That poster is amazing. Turbo Kid is on Netflix. I’ll be watching it tonight. :)