RIP John Lewis

A great man, and a terrible loss, especially now.

Absolutely. He will be sorely missed.

Time to rename that bridge like we should have 40 years ago.

Probably too soon, but

A good thread imo.

They all look the same.

I’m not sure this helps defeat Donald Trump,but I approve of their use of my money to put out this “ad”.

The Rubio thing is hilarious. I admit, I’ve actually mixed up Elijah Cummings and John Lewis myself. However, they’re not colleagues of mine and I’ve never personally met either one of them and didn’t share a photo of one such meeting on Twitter. This is… rich.

Me too and we are in good company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/marco-rubio-tweets-a-tribute-to-john-lewis-using-the-photo-of-a-different-black-congressman/2020/07/18/381d9f8a-c92f-11ea-b037-f9711f89ee46_story.html

Also: President Trump will not be paying any respects at Lewis’s viewing as he lies in state at the Capitol the next two days.

Which…honestly surprised me a bit. I have no doubt that Trump would be unwelcome at a Lewis funeral or memorial service.

But to just shuffle past the catafalque in the Capitol building? That seems like a minimal effort show of faux-respect that might earn some political capital.

Yeah, but are you forgetting that Trump is a hateful racist moron?

Trump? Pay respects to a ni-clang?

C’mon, you know what he is. Besides stupid and a sucking void of endless need.

I suppose you folks are right. It’s just such a simple thing and would be one of a thousand tiny things he could do over the course of the next month or two that would be politically helpful to him.

But…yeah. No surprise that he’s not able to see that.

I really want then to be standing further apart. Losing Lewis is awful enough.