RIP Lance Reddick

Damn too soon. He played a critical role in Horizon Zero Dawn. I’m sure he was to play a big role in the 3rd one.

Sad news. RIP good sir.

He was awesome. I will miss him.

Here’s his guest appearance in R&M that Discourse struggles to render.

2m video

He has been in so many things that I have really enjoyed that I actually forgot that he played a major role in Bosch. The dude was omnipresent in Hollywood. What a major loss for the entertainment industry.

As that Forbes story points out, Reddick was pretty much the voice of Destiny 2, with his character Zavala having a huge role and always having been voiced by Lance. I would hope that with today’s digital tech maybe they can use the hours of digital voice acting they already have to help Lance Reddick live on as Zavala in new content (with permission from and compensation to his family of course). I think that would be an amazing sort of tribute to the actor, would please Destiny 2 fans, and maybe would have been something Lance Reddick would have liked given his stated love for the game.

Players quickly spotted that Reddick’s Destiny 2 handle, idontcare789#7678, appeared online the Wednesday night before he passed away from natural causes last week. The actor’s last liked tweet was also from a fan cracking jokes about Zavala, the stoic commander he voices in the game. Reddick had even played through most of the new Lightfall campaign, and only had one mission left: the final boss fight against Calus. A statement on his Twitter account posted by his wife, Stephanie Reddick, even directly mentioned Destiny players. “Lance loved you as much as he loved the game,” she wrote.