Rise of Industry

Wow, so they have quite a ways to go. That’s actually encouraging as it definitely needs more. I think Waste management would be a huge addition, as would zoning type aspects and multiplayer (being a micromanagement RTS it will be interesting to see how that is implemented - a lot of pausing involved).

I picked it up, damn my weakness for good looking logistics games!

$17 @ GMG with their current 20% off coupon (FEB20). :p

This game fills the void in my heart , of sending supplies by blimp. Milk is on the way Dawestho!

Also there was an early access trailer:

I’m wondering if anybody else has this problem. I cannot set a market place that’s in a town that’s 15 tiles away from my truck depot, but I can set the destination to 10 other towns/cities that are 25 to 600+ tiles away. Also I can’t set the vegetable farm destination to the same market place. It’s as though that market place doesn’t exist. It could be a scrolling problem because the market place at the top of the list has the top edge of it’s name covered. I’m thinking this is a bug.

Did you report it? I haven’t seen anything like that.

Where would I report it? I bought the game from GOG and I can’t find any forums on the developer’s website.

Join our Discord channel here: Rise of Industry's fan club

Leave a message there, devs are on daily I think.

@Charlatan mentioned this game again over in the City Builder Thread , so I did some follow up and Alpha 6 was pushed out about a week ago!

Changes noted in these videos:

I just came over here to post a link to my other post!

It’s looking good!

New patch on the experimental branch , deals with early game economy and lots of bug patches.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/671440/discussions/4/2572002906845633729/

Anyone know if the demo is kept up to date?

Updated 4 days ago, not sure what was updated though. :D

https://steamdb.info/app/842160/

I played the Rise of Industry demo long enough to determine I wasn’t interested in it. It is simply overly complicated in my opinion. I’m sure others will like it, but I don’t care for unnecessary complications being implemented in a game.

I watched a bit of one of Adekyn’s Youtube videos. When he started talking about the price of waffles being $1M I just stopped watching. Too silly for me. Could be a good game, but also not for me.

25% off on Steam ATM.

A quality Waffle is expensive.

Huh. My worry when playing the demo (admittedly very, very early, so I wasn’t particularly worried) was that it was going to be too simplistic. What exactly do you think is unnecessary here?

I got turned off during the tutorial. Farming is totally unrealistic. I figured things would only go from bad to worse and don’t want to waste my time and money on a game I won’t enjoy.

If you like it, then buy it. I won’t try to stop you. It’s all a matter of personal perspective.

I can’t say playing the demo really pulled me in. Since the buildings are limited to the first 2 tiers, the production chains are shallow and the game amounts to - build some water, build a farm, give water to farm, send food to market. Or with livestock there is one extra step of growing wheat to send to the livestock farm. Since there really weren’t any goals it got boring fairly fast.

Has anyone played the campaign to see if that makes the game more interesting?

Alpha 7 is released!