Risen thread (spiritual sequel to Gothic series)

If that’s true, Dragon Age should be shot into the fucking sun.

They don’t hype it at all…they should hire you : ).

Definitely looking forward to the 360 version myself.

Random thought, I wonder if there are going to be any women characters of any significance in Risen? Gothic 1 didn’t really have any women outside of 1 or 2 non interactive slaves. This was done for budget reasons apparently. It fit the prison setting though so didn’t seem out of place. Gothic 2 added some women NPCs but no major ones, same with 3. I always found this kind of odd.

Germans do like sausages a lot.

I think I read that yeah, they want women to have larger role.It can be seen right in the beginning when the first character that you see and that shows you the ropes is a woman.

The 360 issue might be delayed because the game is just too buggy for certification. I remember the same thing happening with X3. We never did see a 360 version of that and with PB’s track record of buggy games at release it wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t see one of Risen.

Thanks for the flowers! :) I’ve decided to avoid most spoilerish information apart from a couple of videos and a few hundred forum posts I had forgotten after the browser tab was closed. The general tendency (smaller, hand-crafted, like G2, (even) better exploration) was enough to convince me Risen is going to be a game I’ll enjoy.

The XBox version isn’t made by PB.
The PR talked about a delay in NA. The Euro versions (incl. UK) are still officially gold and in replication.

Update on the delay:
XBox360 NA only. All other versions & regions on Oct. 2nd. It’s a strategic decision. DS has RTM certificates for Risen from MS EU and MS NA.

America. Welcome to being the rest of the world. It’s not so bad.

It would have been great if they had gotten that on the xbox

Better exploration than G2? Great.

I actually only have one question. I WILL buy this game, but is it polished enough to buy at launch? Does anyone know? The other games were so buggy.

Boy that delay is irritating. Is there a US date yet?

My son does that all the time – has this habit of saying “mortar” as “more-tar” with the emphasis on the “tar”. Of course my game is to re-pronounce names in the most offensive way possible like “doughnuts” becomes “dog nuts” and “Hootie and the Blowfish” becomes “Pootie and the Blowshits”. Drives my wife insane.

In the first review (german) it seems to have gotten 86/100
I can’t wait.

There is something about the architecture and level layout in their games that I just love, and it comes through in those screenshots.

In the first review (german) it seems to have gotten 86/100…

And Gothic III’s first review was a 90 or something. :)

I know that Risen is not as buggy as G3 was, but first reviews are to be ignored either way.

Of course, it was just for info.Anyone with a brain takes first reviews with a grain of salt.

Although, Gothic 3 was great (lot worse than 1&2, still great).

Although, Gothic 3 was great (lot worse than 1&2, still great).

It wasn’t anywhere near ‘90s-great’. And you probably didn’t get to play the buggy mess we initially got.