Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Me so horny for shooter

Launch trailer!

FUCK YOU GEEE IIIIIII

Anyone get this yet?

I have about 90 minutes played, encountered a few bugs last night where I can’t seem to reload my weapon, and shooting a enemy who was bandaging himself didn’t kill him. :(

Also glad this game doesn’t do K/D ratios , I think I have maybe 9 kills in those 90 minutes. :p

PC is great when a few people are on with mic’s, and orders are actually given. Also much chat spam for “me so horny” and “love you long time”. :D

I’m playing this too!

My god this captures the brutality and hell of war. The helicopter gun strikes are so nerve wracking when you are nearby.

Just like the first Rising Storm I am loving this and can see spending a lot of hours with it.

Talk to me of EasyAntiCheat, Usul?

Edit: So if I don’t install this I can’t play my game? Shit like this annoys me.

Edit 2.0: Installed. But it’s late. So tomorrow.

The war is going well it seems, almost 200k owners!

Good for Atimatter and Tripwire, they deserve it with this title. I hope it grows even further!

Good review, I have sorta come around to feel the same way as he does, I am getting my ass handed to me so much, that I wish I was playing a easier version of this game. I am tempted to reinstall Bad Company 2 : Vietnam.

That’s really the issue with the RO/RS games. For many people, the game will consist of spawning, moving forward for a long time, then dying from something they didn’t see. It’s sort of the same issue Battlefield 3/4/1 has for a lot of people, but Battlefield at least offers some concessions for casuals, like more forgiving engagement ranges, faster engagements, and easier-to-parse objective indicators. Unfortunately, they’re kind of stuck with their mechanics. It’s the hardcore stuff that attracts the niche audience they’ve cultivated.

I had to stop listening to that review after about five minutes. That guy whines too much for me. He was complaining about needing to know where the rest of your team are and what they’re doing when I hit stop.

It’s a hardcore shooter. It’s designed to force you to move slowly and think about what you’re doing. You’re supposed to use tactics and coordinate with your team. COD (or even Battlefield) style play gets punished severely. You’re supposed to use suppressing fire and smoke grenades to cross open areas. You’re supposed to use helicopters and tunnels to flank the enemy. You’re supposed to rethink your approach to this type of game. That’s what I love about it.

I get that some people don’t like it but I don’t think the game is broken along those lines. I don’t think it’s badly designed either. It does have some balance issues, probably. I’ll have a better opinion when I’ve put more time into it but right now the US forces seem a little overpowered or maybe the NVA is just underpowered.

Oh, look. There’s a follow-up video for the review @lordkosc posted.

https://youtu.be/8KWICCy6PXU

tl;dr - Gamers can be shits.

I 100% agree.

As Telefrog notes this game/series is serving a niche audience that is quite under-served in recent years. Yes the game can be brutal and requires a ton of patience, but that’s what makes it special. It’s worth noting that I am not that great of a player, but I love the experience it provides since each kill and objective capture feels like a real earned victory rather than just another unremarkable notch in a belt that blurs with the rest.

Games like Rising Storm, Insurgency, ad Day of Infamy sit in a nice middle-space between accessible shooters like Battlefield and hardcore sims like ARMA 3 that really require a dedicated group like Dslyecxi’s Shack Tactical.

Rising Storm 2 also pleasantly upends shooter trends by not placing weapons behind unlocks, it has a very affordable moderate price, it doesn’t have a Season Pass, nor a Year 1 pass, nor a Year 2 pass, etc.

Yup. There’s nothing inherently “wrong” with the general execution of their gameplay. There’s an audience that wants this experience and the RO/RS games are planted firmly in that space. I think the conflict comes when a more casual player dives in and slams up against the learning curve, which can be pretty shocking if you’re used to stuff like Call of Duty or Battlefield. The trappings may be the same, but the experience is quite different.

The only real issue RO/RS has is that the hardcore fans can be a little, erm… Passionate, I guess, about their games? I think because they are under-served and used to a certain type of fellow gamer, when they run into newbies that complain about features and mechanics they’re used to in the more popular games, the RO/RS crowd can get a bit defensive about it.

I watched the follow up video, as expected I am not surprised.

Anyway I don’t know if I want a more casual experience with this or if I want the super casual players of which there are a ton right now to learn at remembering where your teammates are. If we spawn and I am 10 yards to your right, we walk up separate alleys , both come out in the open again, the same freaking 10 yards apart, I am not suddenly an enemy! The last round I played 2 days ago, I was killed more by friendly fire than I was by the enemy. It was on the city map and it was just infuriating. On the plus side I had 5 kills that round and was personally playing really well when I was alive.

My love / hate relationship with the RO/RS games seems to be continuing with this newest one.

Too hardcore for me. Refunded. You guys have fun.

Listened to some of it and people’s responses are terrible. I didn’t like the guy’s review but there isn’t any reason to go beyond that. I like the game. He doesn’t. That’s cool. I wrote a response here (which I didn’t think was hostile) and went on with my life. I just don’t think I’ll ever understand people’s need to attack a reviewer or a review that they disagree with.

Epic update!

Antimatter and Tripwire really listen to their community!

On a related note I’ve been playing this again the past few days (along with the sublime Killing Floor 2) and the way the game handles player death is quite well done despite the simplicity. It always shocks me when my character is killed. Sometimes you hear a noise but frequently you are just going about your task and then in a sudden instant your screen goes black and all sound cuts out for a moment. One of the first death responses that actually elicits an impact in me beyond just being an annoyance between spawns. There is a heavy finality to how Rising Storm 2 handles that moment of mortality.

I thought that story was going to be about some kid’s dying wish and they were honoring him. Nope!

Picked this up on the steam summer sale.

Very good. Lots of people playing, and aside from some of the awful trash you would expect in a game about Vietnam, been in some really good squads using mics effectively.