Rock Band - DLC Done Right

I’d buy all of those Police tracks, but then I’m a Police whore.

No one answered my question–why was Guitar Hero 1’s songlist so much more general-interest than Guitar Hero II’s and III’s? Is it the demographic they’re aiming at? Did the kids complain that there was too much “old people music” in GH 1?

I dunno, but one of the things I like about RB is that because it focuses on complete bands and not just one instrument it’s allowed them to broaden the variety of music considerably.

I quit worrying about why I like what I like after my attempted Alternative phase in university. I realize that, being into metal, I ought to like Metallica, but I don’t except for a few songs off the black album. Even that one song that I guess was partially written before Dave Mustaine left the band and ended up slightly different on both albums, I liked the Megadeth version better.

Apparently the downloadable content is up for the PS3, including Canada (unlike Live), but a single song costs CDN$3 v US$2.

Current exchange rate: CDN $1 = US $1.02.

Thanks again for all the love, Harmonix. Regards, Canada.

I bought the My Chemical Romance pack in GHII. :)

What he said.

And AC/DC. And Peter Gabriel. And Tool. And…

And Pink Floyd. And The White Stripes.

And Battles (hahahah, imagine that).

Fuck, I was going to buy a 360 and Rock Band as a christmas present for myself this year, but if they are doing stupid shit like that on the PS3 d/l I am guessing they’ll do the same thing on Live, and that basically makes it a no sale for me.

WTF did I just listen to?

Awesome.

And yeah, I’d love to play Battles. :-) Vocals would be crazy mind you.

Awesomeness. Check out their video for “Tonto” too.

Holy shit. Did someone just clone Trent Reznor and put him in a room full of balloons to play with?

As if I didn’t have enough music to indulge in; now I have another artist to go through! Thanks, Wholly.

Some filled with helium, some filled with nitrous? Yeah, I can see that.

Yeah I love that band. I’d like to see some The Raconteurs as well!

Fuck those Metallica songs are nasty. This wouldn’t be a problem if it held them back until we get a bit better, but it’s throwing them into random setlists in a very sadistic manner. It’s not a problem when it does it with Fortunate Son (which is a perfectly respectable cover in my opinion, not that I’m a huge fan of Creedence) or the Police songs, but the Metallica stuff is on a whole different level.

Granted, I haven’t had much trouble with them (except for the drum bit on Blackened, Jesus Christ), but my bandmates are flailing miserably.

I almost mentioned them as well, and honestly we’ve got a much better chance of them than the White Stripes. White Stripes would work better for Guitar Hero; there aren’t enough instruments to go around on most (any?) tracks for four people on Rock Band.

Clearly, Rock Band is what Guitar Hero 3 should have been.

Well, I mean… it is the next game from the people who made Guitar Hero.

If you want your next GH to have super simple guitar lines and simple solos. :)

Those Metallica songs are awesome… everything I hoped for. I have to get used to the new smaller hammeron notes. I butchered the solos because I couldn’t get the hang of the timing on those.

Nice job, sluggo. The few times you slipped up and the audio beat went out it made me realize how much you rocked those songs. I was glancing over when I could and that did not look easy.