Rocksteady's Suicide Squad: when Justice Leagues -- and Rocksteady brawlers? -- go bad

I called it!

Here’s what I wrote in the review thread when I was asked about mission variety:

(By the way, I didn’t even fully understand how those missions work when I wrote that. Non-critical hits heal enemies in those missions. So using a gun with a high firing rate is actually healing them!)

I understand your complaint, and I don’t mean to marginalize your frustration, but here is your issue:

Suicide Squad is a game that expects you to understand its systems. And it does this by putting you in situations where you won’t make any progress otherwise; it’s more than happy to let you fight while you’re doing zero damage, as you may know! But I find it fascinating that players resist a game – indeed resent it – when it’s encouraging them to learn its systems. As anyone who’s played Rocksteady’s previous games should know, there’s a sophisticated combat system at work here instead of a loosey-goosey shooter! Wouldn’t you want to learn it?

I’m not trying to single you out, @Hamilton, since I know the complaint isn’t unique to you. For what it’s worth, you can always drop the difficulty to “Walk in the Park” to get through the support missions. Then you can resume the normal difficulty chase after you’ve finished that mission. Lord knows, I did it for a number of them because I just wanted to unlock the support option!

But suffice it to say, once Suicide Squad gets into the endgame difficutly push, you need to know how this stuff works. You need to have eaten your vegetables. : )

What I don’t know about Discourse would fill volumes! Fortunately, we have folks here who might be able to help you. I bet if you posted your issue in this thread…

…you would get an explanation stat.