Roland Emerich's Moonfall - this will be terrible

Might as well pretend that physics don’t exist. What a terrible trailer/teaser.

Man, I need to rewatch this. I recently went back over all the Universal Soldier movies and was pretty astonished at how awful Roland Emmerich’s Hollywood debut was. But he didn’t really have any talent in Universal Soldier’s cast (I am of the opinion that Dolph Lundren doesn’t get good until he gets older). Stargate, on the other hand? Kurt Russell, James Spader, and Jaye Davidson, fresh off The Crying Game? Not even Emmerich could mess that up, could he?

-Tom

I mean this is the same guy who had a bunch of kids outrunning cold weather in Day After Tomorrow.

I haven’t actually watched that one. I do occasionally learn my lessons.

I am the sole soul on earth to hold the subjective belief that the Stargate movie is substantially superior to the TV series, so I don’t suggest that you let my recommendation serve as sole motivation.

On the other hand you should absolutely watch it. That movie is responsible for my lifelong love of 5th Avenue bars!

You’d think, wouldn’t you?

The more you folks keep mentioning his awesome previous movies, the more I want to see this.

Except 10,000 BC, that was unbelievable and just not good.

Wait, so is this a re-make of Melancholia?

That wasn’t the moon you dingus!

The Day After Tomorrow is worth watching for the terrible science. It’s second only to The Core.

You’re not, because I agree.

The Day After Tomorrow and The Core were really fun to watch. They are both in that sweet spot of “bad enough to make fun of”, but not bad enough that it ruins your viewing experience.

I love it, I’m there opening night.

You fuck with the moon… the moon fucks back!

As do I.

Count me in this group too.

I regret to this day having spent money to go see that thing in a theater.
God it was so boring. I never thought anybody could make Kurt Russell boring.

You forgot French Stewart!

Oh god there’s like, digital tentacles punching people. JUST STICK WITH THE MOON FALLING, YOU SCHMUCKS

Speaking of digital tentacles punching people, here’s a video of an octopus punching a fish:

Best comment in this thread.