Saints Row - Rebooted!

Sounds like they’re rebooting Saints Row. I hope it’s a success again, and we once again get another Saints Row IV crazypants point in the franchise at some point in the future.

Eurogamer article on the trailer:

Here’s the new trailer:

“dials back the excesses”

Providing the playground this time out is Santo Ileso, which draws heavily upon the American south west. It’s broken down into nine distinct districts, including the downbeat Rancho Providencio, Las Vegas analogue El Dorado and the secluded suburban Monte Vista. In the heart of the city there’s an extended emphasis on verticality (and the promise of some tools to make the most of all that, with wingsuits and ziplines that catapult players into the air).

The emphasis in the Saints Row reboot is on contemporary crime, though it’s still delivered in developer Volition’s overstated way. There are three factions you’re competing against across Santo Ileso, and as you conquer the map you’ll have access to vacant lots you can fit out with the fronts for criminal businesses of your own, unlocking activities such as illegal car smuggling rings and - of course - insurance fraud.

I’m up for Saints Row in the Southwest. Honestly, as much as I loved Saints Row IV to death, there wasn’t anywhere to go after that, a back to basics approach makes sense to me.

I’m into it.

If Volition builds it, I will come.

-Tom

Saints Row 3 remaster is free on Epic right now.

The trailer had none of the charm of the previous games. Skeptical.

I like that it’s coming in 6 months. They must be pretty close to being done.

Damn they’re rebooting games from my backlog that I haven’t even installed yet.

Timed Epic Store exclusive on PC, in case anyone wonders.

I love this.

Thanks for the heads up! Wow, it feels like this game just came out recently. Looking at the release date, it’s been over a year, but still, that’s pretty recent for a free giveaway. I almost bought it a couple of times in the last couple of sales.

I came for the FreeSpace reboot and am profoundly disappointed.

That was addressed in SR IV :)

Watched the prerendered cutscene. What kind of phones don’t detect the face and blank the screen?

Same. The multiple phone conversations at the beginning is a lame trope. Also seems like they were pushing coop down our throats.

And no Gat? Heresy.

I’m gonna play the shit out of that SR3 remaster, though.

My man!

The poses and animation of the characters in that CG trailer are pretty stiff.

The original saint’s row had the dumbest ending of any game.