Satisfactory: 3D Factorio by the makers of Sanctum

When they eventually go non-exclusive they will probably get alot more. The game is in early access anyway, it’s like hearing a dev complain about preorder numbers being soft.

What’s a joke.

Another interesting thing is the developers are still posting to the Steam forums, as they don’t seem to have their own, and obviously EGS doesn’t either. They are using Steam features for a game you can’t buy on Steam for like 11 more months.

Yep, all looks rather infantile to me from start to finish. If I ever had any interest in this game their behavior has killed it off. I’ll go spend another hundred hours in factorio before I’d spend 5 minutes playing this.

You know, this is from the Goat Simulator people. They MIGHT not be 100% serious. Also, the entire point of their thing is its not cool to pirate a game just because you dont like the store. But yeah, fuck those guys.

If they didn’t want to alienate their customers, they probably shouldn’t have accepted that giant cash payment to alienate their customers. Presumably they did so because they decided that with that kind of money they could afford to alienate their customers, so here we are.

So piracy is acceptable?

Piracy was inevitable. They knew that. They made their decision, the consequences are what they are. They’re free to whine about them, of course, but being as their bottom line is secure I’m not sure why anyone should care.

I guess I just don’t see where there’s any manner of ground to stand on for theft of a product that isn’t necessary to your life just because you dont want to wait for an exclusive period to end.

There isn’t. That doesn’t change the fact that this was obviously going to happen. It also doesn’t change the fact that these guys already got paid.

Piracy is a real son-of-a-bitch for devs that rely on sales for their income, I’m going to reserve my sympathy for those folks.

Well, I disagree but I like the cut of your jib so I won’t go all Alabama Thor. This time.

Good, gives me more time to work out how to go all Kentucky Loki. That’s got to be more fun, really.

I’m not sure where the connection is between EGS exclusivity and piracy. It that it’s somehow ok for people to pirate out of spite? I really hate gamer culture. Fuck this hobby sometimes.

No one is saying it is ok just that it is likely to be a driver. The reality is widespready easy availability and competitive pricing has led to more sales which generally equals less piracy hence doing the opposite is likely to increase it.

Yes it sucks but also has to be noted as a likely trend

Make it more inconvenient to buy a game and piracy rates will increase. There’s nothing unpredictable about it. For that matter, behave in what is perceived as an anti-consumer fashion and your game will be pirated extensively out of simple spite.

No one has said that, and I said exactly the opposite three posts above yours.I don’t know why people keep conflating “justified” (which it’s obviously not) with “inevitable” (which it obviously is).

Yes. No one that I can see is saying piracy is justified.

I’m not even saying that there is greater piracy here. To me, this is just as likely disappointment regarding actual sales, and rather than saying, “Um, hey, we put this on this untested, terrible, incomplete platform as an exclusive, maybe sales are shitty because of that, or because of, you know, the game,” instead, they blame the convenient old gaming scapegoat of “Everyone must be pirating it.”

There’s nothing inconvenient about getting a game on a different app and exclusivity is not anti-consumer. More money for the developer means more updates, better support, better expansions and if anything, it is pro-consumer.

Blind loyalty to Steam is irrational or even anti-consumer. Should one company have a monopoly on PC gaming because stuck up “gamers” grew up with it and refuse change and progress?

The Epic store is change, but it is not progress.

This has been rehashed so many times, it’s nice to see it put so succinctly.

That said, arguments about the relative merit of EGS should go here.

The piracy/sales topic is specific to this game, the general “is Epic good or bad” thing should stay in its own thread.

It is to me. The better cut for the developer and the exclusivity bonus will lead to more and probably better games. The dregs can whine and howl all they want, like they do when they are reminded EA exists or games " have become political" or “there’s too much PC” etc.