Scents for men

Yes it does. There was a lot of it around in my highschool days. Also patchouli.

We had a girl at my work that wore patchouli. She was known as the girl that smelled like patchouli. It was not a subtle fragrance.

I’ve never worn cologne in my life, but girls always tell me I smell really nice. I just use Irish Spring soap and Aqua Reef deodorant by Old Spice (most likely what they smell). Cheap and effective! Maybe some day I’ll venture into the land of fancy scents.

I can’t stand scents anymore. They’re awful for you and filled with petrochemicals. Fragrance gives me an instant headache. I have a friend with a chemical injury. She can’t be in the same room with fragrance for even a few minutes – it makes her sick for days. That includes car air fresheners and those awful plug-ins. Those things tax the hell out of your liver.

I remember reading early on that they coat your whole house, and your lungs, with a layer of oil. No thanks.

We’re okay here unless this also includes Febreeze. As a home owner with multiple pets, Febreeze keeps us sane.

Sadly, “awful” does include Febreze.

From the article below:

Why Febreze is bad for you

• Febreze does not remove odor molecules. The room doesn’t smell anymore simply because the chemical odor overrides the other odors. It does not actually clean anything.
  • The chemical 1,3-Dichloro-2-propanol has been linked to cancer.
  • Methyl pyrrolidone is toxic to reproduction and development.
  • Gerinoil irritates skin, eyes, and lungs.
  • Hexyl cinnamal is an allergen.
  • Propylene glycol also causes cancer, causes allergies, and is toxic to the immune system.
  • Ethyl acetate is linked to neurotoxicity.
  • Alcohol denatured has been known to cause organ system toxicity.
  • Ethylhexanol-irritates skin, eyes, and lungs and is toxic to reproduction and development systems.
  • Linalool is an immunotoxin.

Also from the article below:

Here are some ways to freshen your home without the toxic chemicals:

• Use house plants to clean the air. Certain houseplants can help eliminate odors naturally and leave your air fresh and clean.
  • Baking soda and vinegar work great to absorb and remove odors. Sprinkle baking soda on carpets before vacuuming. Wash all surfaces with vinegar and lemon juice for a clean and fresh scent.
  • Essential oils are an excellent way to freshen your carpets, closets, laundry or even the air. Fill a spray bottle with distilled water and add in about 20 drops of your favorite scent. Use this spray for the air and on fabrics for a fresh and clean scent. If you want to get real fancy, consider purchasing a diffuser and use essential oils. Lemon oil and eucalyptus are an excellent combination to neutralize odors.

Yikes!!! I had no idea, Fire. Thank you for linking that. I’m betting it’s even harder on pets than humans.

Awe man, and I liked the jingle for Febreze.

A Lamp Berger with the right scents (there are a gazillion of them) is also very effective. We clean the smell of fish out of the kitchen after cooking very quickly with one of those.

Yeah, statements like this always make me laugh. Unless the spray can destroy a molecule it’s not removing anything. At best it might cause it to precipitate out of the air. By causing a fog of other chemicals. Oh, right. That’s Febreze.

Are there any spray cans that destroy molecules?

Large nuclear spray cans can be found. Be careful where you look.

I want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening?

Antimatter.

Someone mentioned John Varvatos. I find it refreshing. Most of the time, though, I wear either Armani Code or Stetson Black. Since I’m out West and do tend to wear western-wear, SB fits, and I get plenty of compliments.

God spammers are just so lazy these days.

Seriously, they need to post for a decade first like I did, and then when the audience isn’t expecting it. BOOM! Hanks root beer plug.

People really aren’t into scents much, here where I live. The only fragrance I’ve gotten a compliment while wearing was Herod, by Parfums de Marly.

Current scent of the day for me to just enjoy all to myself - Bois Mysterieux.