Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Need a synonym for ‘awesome’? Wallace Wells.

I saw the trailer for this and fell in love. And I usually hate most comedies.

I think you’re confusing synonym with personification.

Using Wallace Wells as a synonym would get you:
“That’s totally Wallace Wells!”

Doesn’t sound good.

How about just using Wells?
As in:“Wells, dude!”

I think that’s more of what you’re looking for.

Bah, not available in my region. I should probably just wait to see it in the movie anyway.

Youtube.

Yeah, waiting until the movie was out lasted… oh… slightly less than a day? That clip is great, I’m so psyched for this movie

I didn’t realize that was Chris Evans, who played the Human Torch in the two Fantastic Four movies. Any doubts of him playing Captain America is gone for me.

It’s always nice (and slightly impressive) when you realize you hated the character, not the actor.

Or perhaps it was just the movies… I had forgotten that Reed Richards was played by Ioan Gruffudd, who was Horatio Hornblower.

That’s what I’m saying. Good actors stuck with bad characters, giving such a strong performance in that role that you thought they were bad actors instead.

Evans is awesome in that clip, for sure. I also love how Wright is doing all kinds of little touches to make the action that much more ridiculous, like having every skateboard shatter on a parry.

I haven’t read the books yet but what I’ve seen so far of the fights in the trailers and clips, the fighting seem very Hong Kong kung fu-ish.

The fighting looks great. I doubt many people have an issue with the fighting.

For me, the issue is still Cera.

Que Cera Cera

It’s more video-gamish is, or a strange amalgamation of the two.

New international trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66qP9Larlg

Okay. I’ve seen enough.

Time for the movie.

This.

And the final SP book can come out as well.

I’ll probably end up seeing this, but it really seems to be trying way too hard.

“She dusts.”

Day one.