Screw him, should I be scared?

Haha, I don’t know how anyone could confuse that little dude with the elegance of a brown recluse.

Insects usually don’t do things that dumb, unless they have one of those parasites. Snopes says false.

You’re forgetting that spiders are the good guys. They eat all the other bugs.

Check this one out
http://www.fazed.org/content/clock_spider/

If they are then they should look better, more friendly and lovable. They’re just too close to bugs to not be killed.

Here’s my take on spiders. If the opportunity presents itself, get them outside without any harm. Otherwise, they are in your house, kill them. Yeah, there are more, but the bold ones that come out and play have to be made an example of so the others don’t get too uppity.

Also, spiders freak me the fuck out. Just looking at that picture of the brown recluse makes me feel all crawly and shit. I’d seriously rather swim with sharks than deal with big ass fucking spiders crawling around my room.

That being said, it was as big as a quarter? That’s just a pet. Let me know when you start dealing with Wolf Spiders crawling all over your shit… Oh, and those bad boys? They don’t go meekly into the night.

Big spiders aren’t bad, because they can’t really hide.

Black Widows ARE bad, but at least you know what they look like.

Brown Recluses crawl into your bed, shoes, or clothes, bite you without you ever noticing or waking you from sleep, and end up costing you 1000$ out of pocket in doctor’s and hospital fees for treatment (along with spending a day rolling around on the ground in agony, cursing the day you were born, with a pus-filled wound oozing from your leg.)

I don’t like Brown Recluses.

Oh, and did i mention the staph infection it generously provided me which now lives in my lymphatic system? I had a line of pus nodes under my arm for several weeks. And now any time i get a minor injury that compromises my immune system in an area - like a 2nd degree sunburn - i get a galloping fun pussy infection.

I really DO love Brown Recluses.

Yeah, swallowing 8 spiders per year is over the top.

People swallow 5, maybe 6 tops.

This is totally true.

A quarter? That’s not scary. Don’t you guys have freaking tarantulas and shit out in California? Those I would be scared of.

I kill those quarter sized guys in my house and garage all the time. For example, I just dumped out my daughter’s sandbox (kept covered in the garage) yesterday and discovered a half dozen of the fuzzy little brown guys all dead in the sand. I’d found another three or four individually over the past week or so on or near the sandbox, either dead or dying. Looks like there were eggs in the sand that hatched while we were on vacation. Luckily they all mostly died before we got back, I can only imagine my daughter opening the sandbox to see a dozen of those guys crawling around in there.

In my yard I’ve seen the larger ones, some as big in diameter (legs included)as a tennis ball. They’re fairly commen, and as long as they stay outside in the woods I’m good with it.

Wow. You must be really sensitive to them. I got bit by one a few years ago, and it amounted to not much more than what a person gets from a bee or wasp sting.

Now, being bit by a water moccasin…that one did me in good.

Why didn’t you just squish him?

Wuss.

It’s fun to squish a wolf spider only to find out it was a female carrying all her spiderlings on her. Now you have 50 or 60 tiny versions of her to kill running all different directions.

I hate Huntsman spiders.

I have a rule. Anything living outside more or less gets left alone. Spider in the bushes? Cool, it can catch mosquitos. Ants in the stump? Ok, no problem.

Anything that comes in the house is exterminated with extreme prejudice.

I hate spiders. If I saw Spiderman, I’d tell his enemies where he was.

Here’s a sweet little caption from that wikipedia entry:

Burrowing Wolf Spider defending its egg sac, displaying the high degree of parental care characteristic of Wolf Spiders.

Awwww, it’s a good mommy. Fuck the fuck out of that shit. Aiiiiiiieeeeeee!

It’s so weird, every guy I’ve ever known either hates or is scared shitless of spiders.

I think they’re cute (except the dangerous ones.) you could always put a glass over it, slide a piece of paper under the glass, and then release it outside.

Or I guess you could find some hairspray and a lighter, but that might cause too much property damage. :P

Bleh, wimps. Tarantulas aren’t bad, they can’t poison you. They’re just big spiders. Even if they bite you it’s just a stabbing.

It’s those little bastards that cause you problems (and paranoia, since you’ll never be 100% sure they aren’t there!).

It maybe that I am lazy, but that’s a lot more work than say using a can of Raid or a sandle to solve the spider problem. If it’s inside, then it will require a tissue to remove the remains as well, but that’s still less work. And if the spider returns, you don’ thave to worry about coming up with a new trick to remove him, because he now knows your glass trick.

That used to be me. Then, I was buying a house several years back, and the lender required that the unfinished crawlspace under the house be covered in some kind of moisture barrier, so I spent a day in a foot-high crawlspace under my house. I think they call it a crawlspace because it’s crawling with spiders. Anyhow, I can now pretty much deal with spiders, as long as they don’t sneak up on me (I still jump if I see one in an unexpected place, like running across my bedspread towards me).

I think they’re cute (except the dangerous ones.) you could always put a glass over it, slide a piece of paper under the glass, and then release it outside.

Yep, I do this all the time, although I’m not sure if taking a spider out of its habitat and dumping it out in the lawn is doing it any favors.

Of course, the problem with this solution is you then have a Spider Glass. No amount of washing can ever convert that glass back into a regular glass. Believe me, I’ve tried - the taint of spiderness cannot be removed.

BTW, you do know that the poison in a can of Raid is some order of magnitude more toxic than the poisons used by commercial pest control guys?

Raid is bad stuff. I’d rather have a can of spiders in my house than a can of that shit.

Me and spiders don’t get along ever since this (or skip right to the picture). Kill the fucker.

Squishing spiders that come into your house helps promote evolution. Those spiders who are smart enough not to come into your house survive, having baby spiders who are smart enough to not come into your house.

Those who are not smart enough and come into your house are killed, and never live to have baby spiders that come into your house.