Screw you CAPTCHA!

Google has cracked the CAPTCHA. In a paper published this week, Google researchers say that they’ve developed an algorithm that can accurately solve Google’s own CAPTCHA puzzles — those obfuscated jumbles of letters and numbers you type in on websites to prove that you’re human — with 99.8 percent accuracy, obviously posing something of a problem to the puzzle’s intended purpose of weeding out robots. The new system was developed to help Google automatically analyze hard-to-read signs and house numbers photographed by its Street View cameras, allowing it to accurately match images with locations on a map.

I can’t even solve these half the time.

N treaty Lit. tron in crew. π r u n tht? McCruncy.

Here and there I’ve seen word problems instead of CAPTCHA. I prefer them because they don’t involve eyestrain and are usually reliably solvable, which sure isn’t true of many of the CAPTCHA images I’ve seen.

I was just thinking about how I need a CAPTCHA solver; but how does the solver make sure I’m not a bot exploiting it to get past CAPTCHA? Quis CAPTCHA ipsos CAPTCHA?

Who CAPTCHAs the CAPTCHA?

It’s CAPTCHAs all the way down, sillies.

I’ve seen where they’ll just put a checkbox labeled “Check this to prove you’re not a bot.” Seems to get to the heart of the matter about as reductively as possible.

Or a Yes/No for “Are you Human”?

I saw a forum once that required you to complete three sentences using there/their/they’re in the correct context in order to register. That’s a system I can totally get behind.

Hell man, if I could just find a forum that required you to engage the admin in civil discourse on a touchy political subject for 6 back-and-forth messages before being admitted, I’d probably never register for another website again.

Yeah, but what if the admin won’t keep it civil?

Consider it a bonus challenge!

Yeah, but this is the internet after all. I’m guessing there membership really dropped after that.

And nothing of value was lost.

YOUR MEAN!

I’m terrible at captchas. I need one of those bots so I can prove I’m a human.

Fuck Captcha. Moving to TOR recently and the endless screens that come up requesting me to identify busses, sidewalks, lights and other bullshit is fucking never ending.

I mean, I get it, give me one screen, but I quit after the 5th screen. It’s never going to end.

I left a nasty gram today with tripadvisor and will delete my account and never leave another review because of this bullshit. Other accounts will likely follow.

ROFL!

That’s omg hilarious