Sdorica Sunset - Awesomely Illustrated Tile RPG for Mobile

That’s fair. And my advice, as with anything, is play until you aren’t having fun.

As for success being based on party composition, I get where you are coming from, but it isn’t the case that one Uber team will beat everything. That super badass team you are rocking could easily get their butts handed to them on a different mission. So it is a case of finding what works to overcome various challenges.

Now, I will say, that if you want to play competitively on the ladder for the trials, there are certain characters that are pretty much necessary from what I’ve read. But that’s not me, and even someone who isn’t interested in that can still get some benefit from doing the trial once a day.

I will also add that as much fun as I’ve had playing Fate Grand Order, I haven’t spent a penny on it yet, because the prices are so unreasonable for no guarantee of getting anything useful. With this, I have bought a few small things, not because I needed to, but because I’ve played it a ton already and wanted to.

Been stuck on the big boss of chapter 8 for a few days now, boy are you in for a challenge if you hang in long enough to get there :P

You on 8-10, iirc there’s another nasty one after that. I want to get through chapter 7 by the end of the month for the launch rewards. In 6now, but progress is slowing down some because it is taking much more to level. But went back over to pick up on venture ability quests and was like, hey, these give lots of soul energy…

Got 3 tickets on login today. Pulled an R Ned (an upgrade) and an R Yamituski, my first for her! SR would have rocked, obv, but glad to have her at all.

Oh, and…Puggi is my spirit animal

Yes, 8-11 is the one I’m stuck on, maybe it’s possible but the fight is so long that I’m not going to bother with the odds that slated against me and just gauge the difficulty each time I level :P Unfortunately I don’t have the free hours to sit there and wrestle with that fight for more than 15-20 mins

Gotcha. I was a bit puzzled yesterday because I couldn’t get past the last fight of the first wonderland trial and hadn’t had a problem the 2 days before. In talking to folks on the discord, they said don’t sweat it, that yesterday’s (and the weekend ones) are way harder. All good with me, as long as I’m getting some crystalline every day.

Trying to figure which skill book I’d like to get first. Yan-Bo is really tempting, but it’s probably going to be awhile before I can make proper use of that.

Yeah, I’m probably going to hoard up my crystals for now, what level are you? shocked you’re coming along so quickly tbh, I pulled on the current banner once and of course got Theodore’s the one of the 3 I wasn’t looking for :P I rather save my gems for a Lisa banner because of end gameness

Yeah, Lisa’s skill set looks awfully good. Of course, no telling when there will be an SP banner of interest.

I am level 42. My favorite team is all 38 (Pang , Naya, Koll). I have 9 others between 30-36.

Didn’t really want anyone on the banner but Yamitsuki, so I didn’t roll, aside from a couple of tickets. Wound up getting her anyway.

I am still playing, somewhere in Chapter 5, level 35 or so.

I’ve used all my bookmark rewards and 10 draw crystals sets when I got them because I don’t really know what I’d be saving them for. Ive finished most of the training quests but haven’t upgraded the starting 3 yet because I figure that if you draw a higher tier you get the stones back, but you don’t get the other materials. Once the intro rewards slow down (already seems to be happening) I’ll probably upgrade them.

I burned a bunch of XP across my characters to get some of the X characters of level Y goals, probably to my detriment because I probably have to grind for XP to get my characters up to my current max level.

I lucked into an SR? (purple) Experiment, who is probably my first high tier character, and have been mostly running him with Angelia and whichever 2nd row character seems appropriate based on the ebemy loadouts. I just drew a purple Yan Bo also, but I haven’t even tried him yet on account of leveling.

Yan Bo is really interesting. I just love his character design (and you will get to see him in the story in chapter 6). I use him as an advisor if I am running Naya in Black, but he’s pretty damned interesting in his own right, switching between a mode where his 2-orb attack hits all enemies behind the front row vs large damage to the front row. He’s probably not the easiest character to use, but very interesting.

I really like a lot of the damage dealers, actually. My favorite white is Koll. I don’t really love any of the tanks I have, but there are several I don’t have that look really fun.

As an aside, Jahan is among the most ridiculous playable characters I’ve ever seen. A tank that taunts you, then plays dead, lying on the ground, retaliating with a little pea shooter when attacked.

While comments are usually the dark heart of the worst of humanity, I find the comments on each individual character both helpful and often charming. One of the top rated comments on Koll is just “good doggo”. And like, it’s true, he is a good doggo.

you can save your bookmarks / gems for various banner that have limited edition characters (SP, which are variants of existing characters- those 3 at the bottom of the roster can’t be obtained otherwise) or if a character you have your eye on gets a rate up.

Yeah, I get the theory, I guess. I just don’t see myself committing to anything particular character at this point. Once I get a larger roster, I could see having goals, but for now I don’t really have anything I’m particularly aiming for so I’m happy with just whatever the RNG wants to give me…

Yeah, that’s totally cool. I happened to get pretty darned lucky with my early ticket pulls (pulled SR Koll and Yanbo in…maybe a half dozen tickets, and a acouple of days in an SR Fatima).between the various ticket spoils and upgrades given to you in the training quests, I didn’t feel any real need to do any crystal pulls. As it is, I have characters I haven’t used hardly/at all and don’t have the soul energy to level them all anyway.

So, until something really interesting comes along, I’m happy to save up. If Dylan SP or Lisa got a rate up, I’d probably throw my crystals at the screen.

Yahoo, I made it into the blue group for the first time for trials today.

@tacopizzacats

Nice, they make it pretty easy to SSR her, working on mats for anyone else, supposedly there is a 3way SP banner in a few days but the vets are saying it’s a trap because in the light of your luckiness it triples the rate of getting an SP you DON’T want and that when they do release a new SP character new end game will likely favor it so I probably won’t bite.

I also beat all of the story chapters yesterday so I’m content not being 60 yet, I was actually misreading the 8-10 boss and thought he countered every time you used a spell you were triggered on so instead of getting double skills I was only getting one T_T, read kids, read.

Yeah, the enemy passives make a huge difference. It’s what makes the game so interesting, imo.

As for the upcoming banner, it’s supposed to have Dylan, Sione, and Angelia? Huh. Dylan sure would be nice to have. Angelia seems pretty neat too, if a bit niche.

Wonder when we will get an advisor skill that makes white orbs… Tica has kind of become a damage monster since hitting ssr.

Trying to decide what skin to target first. Puggi/Dylan looks like a strong combo, but I’m working on trying to get Karnulla upgraded and I could do a budget Karnulla/Yanbo team with just the one Yan-bo skin. I’ve heard some talk that Yan-bo skin is falling out of favor in terms of meta, but that could change again in an instant with a new character release.

Finished two full wonderland trial missions today for the first time.

I’ve given up on gorgeously illustrated (or sometimes even perfectly serviceable / competent) artwork in mobile games since most gameplay mechanics accompanying it are terrible.

This one is near Puzzle Quest and M&M Clash of Heroes territory in terms of mechanics. Maybe not quite there, but as close as anything else I’ve played. Not something I say lightly. And I’ve tried every puzzle rpg I can get my hands on, pretty much.

It gets dinged a little bit because of what amounts to a repetitive structure, but that’s to be expected for this sort of game.