Sean Spicer is the best Press Secretary in history. PERIOD.

Newsweek: Sean Spicer Had a Meltdown After Trump Fired Comey, Hiding in Bushes and Demanding Darkness

WaPo can’t let this one go, LOL (watch the video, too):

Same link as above, but there’s more now:

Looks like we’re gonna need a Sarah Huckabee Sanders thread pretty soon. Or, more realistically, something with a more generic title.

Trump was pleased with deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ performance on Friday, when she first filled in for Spicer on camera during the midday briefing, three White House aides said, adding that he has talked about grooming her for Spicer’s more visible role.

They said the press team’s much-criticized handling of Trump’s decision Tuesday to fire FBI Director James Comey may have further made the case to Trump that Sanders should take over the podium.

Trump has asked senior aides for their opinions about her performance since Friday. He thought she did well again on Wednesday when she had the difficult task of taking questions about Trump’s blockbuster announcement that he’d ousted Comey, one White House official said.

Sanders will cover the briefings for the rest of the week, since Spicer is on Naval Reserve duty, as he was last Friday when she took the podium. Naval reservists are required to serve one weekend per month and 10 days per year.

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/862478941709369344

hehe

So, uh… The rumor mill is saying Spicer may be on the way out. Trump is apparently pissed that The Spiceman and his staff aren’t able to lock this down.

SNL will suffer most.

Given that Huckabee isn’t much better, probably not by much. Plus “he” can always do cameos where he’s hiding the background or the like.

Yes, not at all that he is batshit crazy and doing ridiculous things like firing the FBI director investigating his admin/campaign.

Yep, Trump thinks the issue isn’t his actions – he just needs better messaging.

He really is a republican!

Apparently Trump isn’t the only one in the admin with access to the time travel tech.

The last time I read a opinion from Trump about Sean Spicer was that he like him because he gets a lot of eyeballs. This has not changed, if anything I believe the country enjoy interacting with Spicer. The press search for him because is a good interface. Had the press have to interact with coliaanne (the undead looking girl) or the nazi guy, everyone would be much less happy.

I think Spicer job is safe, for now.

That assumes Trump’s opinion or emotions are consistent and not prone to veering unexpectedly.

It also assumes Spicer is out there actually getting attention, rather than hiding from the media and his job in bushes!

Counterpoint: A Press Secretary in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Awesome! I love Pam!

Maybe next time we’ll get Cheryl Tunt!

Diego

So Sanders is basically melting down.