Seattle Area BBQ and Bourbon Bash

Just park in the Bellevue Square parking lot and hop across the skybridge.

I’m game, though if we’re going to be over by Bellevue Square anyway, might make more sense to eat somewhere over there. Would make the parking debacle less debacalicious.

ZTejas, anyone? They have good beers. We can get a headcount and make a reservation, all fancy-like.

And lo, there descended a bespectacled and bearded throng…

On a Friday afternoon, I probably won’t get there until 5:30-6 or so, but I’ll still make it!

doesn’t really matter to me… I’ll defer to the eastside experts on this one.

Z’tejas has tasty foodstuffs.

I’d hit it.

I’ll copy my work mentor, yeaaaaah boooooy!

Huong

Okay, so Z’tejas it is? It’s Texas-ish, and Texas has good BBQ, so it’s not a complete departure from the original plan. :) Great eats and better alcohol choices than 3 Pigs.

Ryan, can you use the editor add a poll to a topic? We could create a non-anonymous poll to get a head-count. If not, we could spawn a new topic…

Poll added… also, I arbitrarly set the time at 5:00 – we can change it to earlier if people want.

I wouldn’t be able to make it before 5 anyway.

Z’tejas? I understand you’re all a bunch of eastside livin’, microsoft-yuppie bein’, scared-of-seattle types, but christ, did you even try citysearch?

The Bourbon and BBQ grill. About six blocks from my house in Fabulous Ballard.

Southern Food. BBQ. 20 kinds of Bourbon.

'nuff said.

Ha! that’s hilarious there’s a restaraunt catering exactly to the two things I’m wanting to consume.

Like I said before, I’m flexible about where we go… what do all you eastside types think of heading to Ballard? I promise to explain all the Almost Live! Ballard jokes to you if we do.

Ballard’s a bit out of the way, and on a friday afternoon traffic might make that a bit difficult.

Also seriously you guys better all not pussy out at the last minute like you did en masse at the last attempted Seattle gathering.

I’m going to leave the first post info as Z’tejas unless I hear differently from a bunch of you guys.

Say, how much should I expect to spend for the evening? That was an issue last time…

• Alan

I’m out if it’s Ballard. Nothing against Ballard, but I work in Bellevue and live in West Seattle. Getting into Ballard at the time we’re thinking of would be even worse than my normal commute home.

I don’t drink bourbon, anyway…

Alan: z’Tejas you can get an entree for about ten to twelve bucks. Liquor isp robably pretty typical fare for the area - ten to twelve for a pitcher, probably figure five or six bucks for a glass of bourbon.

I’ll buy you a drink, Alan

The place in Ballard sounds like fun too. But let’s stick to Z’Tejas – fairly central location, and a helluva lot eaiser to get to for most than Ballard at Friday commute time.

I think the Ballard place would be good for the next one, if we do it on a weekend and aren’t fighting the commuters to get there.

And to you I say “word”.