Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Either humanity change a lot, of most organizations will underpay the people doing network maintenance and the secrets will be poorly protected even in important organizations. Humans are poor at things like creating and remembering passwords and untrained humans are poor /uncaring at detecting stuff like phising attacks.

That computer security in a large organization is going to be poor will mostly what you have to expect, and that a network is solid and well defended and not penetrated more a exception, so acting as if all networks are already been penetrated could be reasonable. Then what you do? is all to you. Is couriers a solution? I dunno.

Edit:
removed useless text to get to the point better

At least we know why Trump knows “a lot about hacking” now.

Former CIA staff are basically giving Trump the finger now, after previously supporting him.

I wonder what GHWB’s national security team must be thinking? Those guys were the last of the true Cold Warriors. They spent their entire lives and careers opposing the Russians. I can’t believe any of them are cool with this.

Woolsey was on the NewsHour last night. He was visibly uncomfortable with most of Judy’s questions. About the only pushback, he gave was that he felt it was up to the CIA to figure out how to get the information in a manner that Trump wanted. Pointing out that he never got a chance to brief Clinton, when he was CIA head and they had to figure out ways of working with the Clinton administration.

I just looked at his wiki entry. Stanford, Oxford, Rhodes scholar, Yale law. This is a guy who could have done very well indeed in the private section, and has done so in his brief stints in private practice. But he has spent most of the last nearly 50 years, negotiating Arms treaties, Navy undersecretary, and CIA working for Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, and Clinton. I’m sure that Woolsey has forgotten more about negotiating with the Russian, the Trump family will ever learned.

It must be downright depressing to see foreign policy conducted by an idiot in 140 character burst.

[quote=“Clay, post:245, topic:127454, full:true”]
Former CIA staff are basically giving Trump the finger now, after previously supporting him.[/quote]

I don’t know about you guys but this has been the silver lining of the Trump transition for me. Yes, yes, what Russia likely did is bad. But whenever I see someone from the CIA or NSA upset that a politician isn’t listening to them or that his word doesn’t institute immediate change, I smile. I smile big. As bad as Trump is, he hasn’t (yet) done anywhere near the damage to the world as these assholes.

Well, I never expected the nukes to start flying before Trumps inauguration, but anything goes these days.

Here’s the unclassified summary report. 25 pages total.

[quote]
We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016
election. The US Intelligence Community is charged with monitoring and assessing the intentions,
capabilities, and actions of foreign actors; it does not analyze US political processes or US public opinion.[/quote]

Let’s see…

“Well, none of them are 100% sure!”
“These agencies are corrupted by pro-Hillary politics!”
“It doesn’t matter because Trump would’ve won anyway.”
“Who cares? Benghazi!”
“It wouldn’t have happened if the Dems didn’t have anything to hide!”
etc…

Trump’s official PR after the intel meeting.

[quote]
“I had a constructive meeting and conversation with the leaders of the Intelligence Community this afternoon. I have tremendous respect for the work and service done by the men and women of this community to our great nation.

“While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines. There were attempts to hack the Republican National Committee, but the RNC had strong hacking defenses and the hackers were unsuccessful.

“Whether it is our government, organizations, associations or businesses we need to aggressively combat and stop cyberattacks. I will appoint a team to give me a plan within 90 days of taking office. The methods, tools and tactics we use to keep America safe should not be a public discussion that will benefit those who seek to do us harm. Two weeks from today I will take the oath of office and America’s safety and security will be my number one priority.”[/quote]

So, you know, fuck everything.

I wonder how long it will take for someone to hack Trump’s twitter. It sounds like it happens all of the time, but now you have a twitter account that wields the power of the president of the USA.

Man that’s an awesome thought. Two thumbs up!

I hope whomever does this simply deletes his entire account. Would be a national hero.

It fucking sucks that nothing is going to come of this.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCK!

This is crazy town. I feel this would’ve been major, major news in any other decade.

Putin and the modern GOP, both working a successful long game to lower faith in western democratic institutions.

Mission accomplished, Mr Putin. Well played.

Seeing Trump basically take the lead from WikiLeaks on specific talking points is just… ugh.

At this point I wouldn’t be totally shocked if Flynn leaks something to WikiLeaks like a negative performance reports of officers that Trump wants to replace with cronies.

Not to give Trump any credit at all here, but there’s basically nothing that could come of these assessments, at this point. If we were in October, it would be a different story. Obama made a grave error to keep quiet about it earlier. At this point, though, what would you have happen? New elections?

Sounds good to me!

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/817579845337153536

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/817580477267804160