Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

It is even stranger in that they only expedited the portion pertaining to McCabe. They were specifically trying to get it completed before his retirement date it seems.

Someone else on the Interwebs pointed out the obvious that hadn’t sunk in for me: the reason to fire McCabe instead of waiting two days to let him retire isn’t (just) to deny him his pension or (just) humiliate him … especially as McCabe may sue and might eventually win.

It’s so that when McCabe comes up as a witness in a trial involving the Comey firing, Trump lawyers can impeach his testimony by saying he was fired for lying.

McCabe is going to jail. He is a criminal.

FTFY…

Horowitz is an Obama appointee. His investigation started before Trump was sworn in.

I’ve slowly come to the revelation that attempting to talk politics with Malathor is like attempting to talk religion with my mother, who has been a Jehovah’s Witness for all of her 85 years. I remember back in the 80s when I left the JWs arguing with my mom about her expectation of the coming apocalypse, pointing out that she had been expecting the apocalypse “soon” for 50 years. Her response? “That just means it’s 50 years closer.”

Since then, my mom and I just observe religious detente: there is a conversational demilitarized zone around religious topics. There’s really no point in further discussion. Every year after her convention she sends me some literature and I thank her politely, and then disregard it.

So, Malathor: thank you politely for your contributions.

Malathor reminds me of someone who used to shitpost here, Dirt.

It’s remarkable that magahats are so brainwashed and do not even know it.
“Lying about the Clinton campaign” doesn’t mean he was covering for her, it meant he ok’d a leak damaging to Clinton to the WSJ.

That’s just how delusional trump/fox/RWM nutjobs are (you can see the same attitude expressed by Malathor in the comments on various twitter feeds.) I wonder if this is how it felt living in pre-war Germany and Italy.

Hmmmmmm … I wonder …

This tweet won’t age well, like virtually all of David J. Dennison’s tweets…

He didn’t write that.no way

Given Trump’s past comments and actions, this looks really bad. It is basically impossible to not assume that this was not yet another instance of political motivated retaliation.

I’m sure this will do wonders for the morale of the FBI.

Trump is going to get rid of Mueller, or at least try to.

Well, McCabe was a choirboy next to Comey!

Are you fucking kidding me? How can anyone, I mean anyone, with a shred of love for this country, still support this man as President of the United States? Seriously. Have a fucking word with yourself if you do. Read that again and see if it squares with the kind of government you want to have.

No that tweet won’t backfire on any way…

Probably, Fox has the knives out for Rosenstein.

And, just now:

I wonder how many Americans realize we’re in the midst of a full-blown Constitutional crisis that could see the end of American democracy as we’ve known it, an entirely self-inflicted wound?

The best people!
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/john-dowd-fire-mueller-after-mccabe-firing

The Daily Beast was the first to report Dowd’s comments. Dowd initially told the Beast that he was speaking on behalf of the president, but subsequently told TPM he was speaking for himself.

Maybe he finally had time to Google this whole crazy “obstruction of justice” concept people keep badgering him about.

All Americans do. It’s the traitors who should be stripped of their franchise at the least and imprisoned for the rest of their miserable lives more ideally who you should really be worried about, especially since there’s 63 million of them.

Not enough. I said it on one of the threads around here recently, but the Republic is over, barring a major course correction soon. It doesn’t even necessarily end with Trump, but he’s weakened so many institutions and barriers, the next (more competent) despot will have a much easier time. The ass ceiling has been cracked, as it were.

So, Trump goes for Rosentein and then Mueller next. Fox News and the rest of the personality cult falls in line, obviously. The only remaining step after that is invalidating elections, if they don’t go as desired. And let none of us forget that moment during the debates in 2016, when Trump refused to agree to respect the election results, if it went against him. He’s already openly admitted a willingness to ignore elections. And that was before he was in power… now that he is?