Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

… threatening to take away the pension of someone who will likely testify against you sure sounds like attempted obstruction of justice to me.

(The attempted obstruction of justice was the whole period where Trump & co. were telling McCabe “Maybe we’ll fire you, maybe not” with the implied “… but of course if you play ball and agree not to testify, we’ll let you keep your pension.” They only question is whether any of the flying monkeys were dumb enough to say it out loud. But hey, McCabe can find out during discovery!)

Sadly I do not believe this :(

Yeah, that’s a good point.

An IG investigation demanded by Democrats and initiated during the Obama presidency that was directed by an Obama IG appointee that resulted in a recommendation from the FBI’s ethics office that McCabe be terminated is not obstruction of justice. It’s just justice. The hilarious part is that the investigation caused by Democrats blaming Hillary’s loss on Comey is what caused the OIG report to exist in the first place.

Unless that investigation was accelerated to get the bit on McCabe out faster than the rest of the investigation so he could be fired before retirement. Which is what happened.

Ok so the newly Democratic House votes to impeach and the Senate acquits. Case closed, it’s all over, Trump goes unscathed. Seems like a viable path if I were Trump.

I suspect the OIG report will make it abundantly clear that McCabe doesn’t deserve a taxpayer dime.

I don’t think any of us knows exactly what happened with McCabe or what it means. It’s a bit of a rorschach blot right now.

… and which was concluded only after interference by the Trump administration. That’s the part you conveniently keep omitting.

Anyway, it is impossible to judge the merits of McCabe’s firing until the IG report is released. That goes for everyone. And only the deranged and deluded would believe McCabe is a criminal on the basis of what we have seen so far. Right there I’m talking about you, Malathor.

I’d like to see the IG report.

But the timing of the firing suggests that there’s little chance that the investigation could have taken place through normal means, and was instead accelerated with the express purpose of punishing someone that Trump didn’t like.

I do not buy that it was a coincidence that McCabe was fired hours before he would have retired.

“Unscathed” if your only goal is to stay in office.

Not so much if you are worried about your “brand”, trying to pass legislation, don’t want to testify under oath, or are anxious to avoid a mountain of subpoenas.

Then, of course, there are the states attorneys waiting for 2020.

Trump admin really pushing the Comey line again? He’s supposedly these FBI people because they were too mean to HIllary Clinton and they shouldn’t have talked about the case so close the election because it hurt her campaign?

According to Sessions, who has certainly seen the OIG report, we do know that he lied, under oath, to the FBI. That is also what the OPR found.

Sessions has not accused McCabe of perjury. “Lack of candor” is a fireable offense, but it does not necessary mean perjury. For instance, it can mean giving incomplete answers, or failing to disclose relevant information.

For example, in another case [Ebron v. Dep’t of Homeland Sec., 475 Fed. Appx. 752 (Apr. 10, 2012)], the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit upheld the removal of a former federal employee for failure to meet the requirements of his position and for lack of candor where the employee’s position required a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and where the employee failed to disclose that his diploma was from what amount to a “diploma mill,” an unaccredited institution.

And Jefferson Sessions certainly knows a little something about lying under oath.

If you look at Sessions’ statement, there are enough weasel words to conclude that he didn’t lie under oath.

See, here’s the thing about an appeal to authority - it only works if you invoke an authority your audience considers to be credible.

(You may recall that ol’ Jeff lied his head off to Congress - you know, the whole reason he’s supposed to be recused from the Russia investigation he’s now happily meddling in by firing one of the key witnesses to Comey’s firing.)

… in the form of “not recalling,” right? Little weasel. At least he had the decency to recuse himself from the Russian conspiracy investigation.

tRump has to get someone else to fire Mueller, correct? How’s it going to go down if/when it happens? Doesn’t Sessions have to be fired/sidelined first?

Technically he could get sessions to fire Rosenstein, and everyone else in that chain until they find someone willing to fire Mueller.