Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I accept this explanation.

Michael Caputo - remember him? His last mention here was back in the election thread:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has run an unusually cheap campaign in
part by not paying at least 10 top staffers, consultants and
advisers, some of whom are no longer with the campaign, according to a
review of federal campaign finance filings…
One of the 10 who were unpaid, Michael Caputo,
told a Buffalo radio station in June after he resigned from the
campaign, that he was not volunteering. Rather, he said he just had not
gotten paid. Caputo confirmed to Reuters on Thursday that the Trump
campaign has still not paid his invoices.

He was interviewed by the Senate committee Tuesday, and blasted them as having cost him tons of money (for lawyers, presumably). But more interesting, he has also been interviewed by Mueller’s team and told this to CNN:

After being interviewed by special counsel investigators on Wednesday, former aide to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign Michael Caputo told CNN that Robert Mueller’s team is “focused on Russia collusion.”
“It’s clear they are still really focused on Russia collusion,” Caputo said, adding, “They know more about the Trump campaign than anyone who ever worked there.”

He still claims to know nothing about collusion, but he also said:

“The Senate and the House are net fishing,” Caputo said. “The special counsel is spearfishing. They know what they are aiming at and are deadly accurate.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/02/politics/michael-caputo-mueller-investigator/index.html

I’m shocked we haven’t heard more from various unpaid staffers, employees, etc, of the Trump family. Seems like there must be hundreds, if not thousands, of people with an ax to grind over this moron & clan.

How do you spell NDA again?

If they haven’t been paid, why would they need to fulfill any NDA obligations though?

Avoiding mob hits!

Or polonium tea.

It seems to work just like the mob, so that’s why a lot of ax grinders seem to just disappear or never talk.

I doubt Trump NDAs are contingent on getting paid. They will be simple “I agree to say nothing about this ever. If I ever do say something, I owe you a million dollars.”

Unless they are a part of a larger contract to provide services and then it could be argued that since the Trump->person payment wasn’t honored that the contract is null and void. IANAL, probably obviously.

If it were that simple, then Stormy Daniels wouldn’t be in the news.

It’s awesome seeing how bad Caputo was terrified after being interviewed by Mueller.

Folks have been saying that someone like Cohen “knows where all the bodies are buried.”

Caputo was basically saying that Mueller already knows where all the bodies are buried.

I particularly liked the fishing analogy.

This doesn’t seem like good news. I couldn’t find out much about Ellis from a quick google search but he did rule for the GOP in Virginia back in January:

You know the R’s and Fox News will seize on this in a huge way.

I’m convinced that Trump will serve out his term and he will also try to prevent us from having another election for President of the United States.

I’d like to just laugh this off but the fact that he’s actually floated this out there is pretty terrifying. And why would the GOP stop it? Tax cuts until the country falls apart, it’s the new GOP American way!

McConnel: It’s disconcerting that the President has chosen to not abide by the results of the election, but we’ve got work to do in congress and are going to focus on that.

Turns out Devin Nunes doesn’t even bother to read the documents he huffily demands the Justice Department turn over:

And nobody was surprised.