Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I’m waiting for the fake Putin accounts live tweeting the parade…

Dan Coates. “That’s going to be special.” I almost feel sympathy for Dan.

Dan along with Sen. McCain and Durbin, is a on the relatively short list of American that have been barred from entering Russia as retaliation.
At the time Sen. Coates said.

While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer, I am honored to be on this list,’’ Coats said.

Eh, don’t need 'em. I hear Barron Trump is the best at cyber.

Of course, there is no proof the Russians are involved.

Trump supporters are terrible.

Traitors. Terrible too. Gotta vote them out of power in november, assuming their gerrymandering and voter suppression can be overcome.

I hate reading this stuff in a Twitter wrapper on my tablet.

Here’s a link to the article.

An interesting look at the indicted Russians. A LOT of military connections here

Well, if it was a GRU operation, then that would be natural, as the GRU is the Russian military intelligence organization.

You put that on pay per view, that’ll fix the Federal budget deficit.

This Andrew Sullivan article makes a lot of sense to me:

The lies come and go. But his deeper convictions really are in plain sight.

And they are, at root, the same as those of the strongmen he associates with and most admires. The post-1945 attempt to organize the world around collective security, free trade, open societies, non-zero-sum diplomacy, and multicultural democracies is therefore close to unintelligible to him. Why on earth, in his mind, would a victorious power after a world war be … generous to its defeated foes? When you win, you don’t hold out a hand in enlightened self-interest. You gloat and stomp. In Trump’s zero-sum brain — “we should have kept the oil!” — it makes no sense. It has to be a con. And so today’s international order strikes Trump, and always has, as a massive, historic error on the part of the United States.

He wants to end all that. He always hated it, and he never understood it. That kind of complex, interdependent world requires virtues he doesn’t have and skills he doesn’t possess. He wants a world he intuitively understands: of individual nations, in which the most powerful are free to bully the others.

He believes that warfare should be engaged not to defend the collective peace as a last resort but to plunder and occupy and threaten. He sees no moral difference between free and authoritarian societies, just a difference of “strength,” in which free societies, in his mind, are the weaker ones. He sees nations as ethno-states, exercising hard power, rather than liberal societies, governed by international codes of conduct. He believes in diplomacy as the meeting of strongmen in secret, doing deals, in alpha displays of strength — not endless bullshit sessions at multilateral summits. He’s the kind of person who thinks that the mafia boss at the back table is the coolest guy in the room.

Putin fascinates too, of course, because of his “very strong control” of his country. It’s how Trump instinctively feels a country should be run.

Putin acts with impunity on the world stage, invading Crimea, all but annexing parts of Ukraine, poisoning enemies in England, devastating civilians in Syria, discrediting his democratic rivals — all of it amounting to Trump’s wet dream of what being a strongman is.

I get the feeling I really wouldn’t have wanted Trump to be President in say 1945. Imagine what what peace conference would look like!

Edit: I think Putin does have a lot of compromising leverage on Trump, in many forms, but we shouldn’t underestimate how much Trump’s heart is with the authoritarian strongmen of the world.

Yeah, that all makes perfect sense and we’ve seen it played out again and again.

I’m just glad Trump is in his 70’s. If he was in his 50’s I think we’d see a real effort to by him to become president for life. We may still see it, but due to his age I think he has less of a chance of pulling it off.

Christ, that’s a helluva read. Thank you.

I’m still optimistic that he’ll be President for life, given his horrible diet and his physician’s willingness to lie to him about his health.

Yes, it’s a dream many of us share. Please, more Big Macs for the guy, and extra scoops of ice cream. Normally the responsibility of being president is a crushing job and it really ages the person. Sadly, I think Trump thrives on all the chaos. He’s also not a hard worker, either. I’m not sure the weight of the office will do much to him.

I worry in that scenario that he becomes a martyr for the “America First” ideals. Plus you know that 35% of the population would believe that the CIA poisoned him. No way he died a natural death, he was the healthiest person ever to assume the mantle of the Presidency!