Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

A New York real estate guy talking about a “lawyer” who had a side hustle in taxi medallions for Ukrainians? Never!

Huh.

It’ll probably be a long wait to find out if the raid on Burke’s office has anything to do with Trump. There are a gazillion other reasons the feds might raid a Chicago Alderman. The longest-serving one ever, no less.

I’m pretty sure there is tape of him stating he has the best memory of anyone.

Oh, and some more fun is happening:

Edit: Ah, HumanTon beat me to it.

Yeah, I didn’t realize that this was the Ed Burke when I first saw the story. It could be any number of things.

Still, it can’t make Trump happy to have people poking around things like his bank and his old attorneys. Somebody may well say, “Sure, coppers, you’ve got me dead to rights on this … but I have information on a bigger fish. The biggest fish there is, in fact.”

Meanwhile, Trump won’t be meeting with the love of his life at the G20 after all:

Well he’s cancelling the public meeting. I assume there’ll still be a sock on his hotel room door later that night so the SS knows not to interrupt.

Ken’s reaction if Meuller actually charged RICO somewhere in all this would be something to behold, I think.

Did they not return Ukrainian ships as well?

Someone has a case of the Mondays.

Please perp walk Junior during his speech.

Tweet of 2018 right there? I think so. Wow.

I’m holding out for “Trump family autopsies confirm suicide pact hypothesis”.

LOL - yeah, that’s brilliant

Why did he break this up over 2 tweets? It’s only 318 characters, he easily could have removed some words to make one tweet. And he deliberately broke it, mid-sentence, so that one tweet mentions action with regard to Ukraine and Russia and the other just mentions being in Argentina with Putin. I doubt he spends a lot of time agonizing over the exact phrasing of his tweets, but his instincts sure do create some interesting results. Reminds me of the breakdown I saw one time of how he naturally forms sentences where each clause ends with the thing he’s trying to emphasize, even when it requires really convoluted phrasing or simply dropping words.

A decent summary I thought:

The Special Counsel has now secured guilty pleas from President Trump’s personal attorney, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, a foreign policy advisor to his campaign, and his National Security Advisor. He has filed 191 charges against more than thirty individuals—almost all of whom are in President Trump’s orbit, Vladimir Putin’s orbit, or both. The President can pretend that this investigation has nothing to do with him and nothing to do with Russia, but these indictments speak for themselves. We must allow this investigation to run its course without interference from the President or his allies on Capitol Hill. As the new Congress begins, these developments make clear that my colleagues and I must step in and provide accountability. No one is above the law, not even the President, and our job will be to check his impulse to abuse his office to protect himself. We will do everything in our power to allow the Special Counsel to finish his work and follow the facts and the law to their conclusion.

DJT in full-on diaper shitting mode today. Glorious.

I’ve long thought that the only way Trump avoided disaster during the 2008 meltdown was with Russian money. Burke was his Tax attorney at that time… and I’m wondering if that is part of this.