Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Please perp walk Junior during his speech.

Tweet of 2018 right there? I think so. Wow.

I’m holding out for “Trump family autopsies confirm suicide pact hypothesis”.

LOL - yeah, that’s brilliant

Why did he break this up over 2 tweets? It’s only 318 characters, he easily could have removed some words to make one tweet. And he deliberately broke it, mid-sentence, so that one tweet mentions action with regard to Ukraine and Russia and the other just mentions being in Argentina with Putin. I doubt he spends a lot of time agonizing over the exact phrasing of his tweets, but his instincts sure do create some interesting results. Reminds me of the breakdown I saw one time of how he naturally forms sentences where each clause ends with the thing he’s trying to emphasize, even when it requires really convoluted phrasing or simply dropping words.

A decent summary I thought:

The Special Counsel has now secured guilty pleas from President Trump’s personal attorney, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, a foreign policy advisor to his campaign, and his National Security Advisor. He has filed 191 charges against more than thirty individuals—almost all of whom are in President Trump’s orbit, Vladimir Putin’s orbit, or both. The President can pretend that this investigation has nothing to do with him and nothing to do with Russia, but these indictments speak for themselves. We must allow this investigation to run its course without interference from the President or his allies on Capitol Hill. As the new Congress begins, these developments make clear that my colleagues and I must step in and provide accountability. No one is above the law, not even the President, and our job will be to check his impulse to abuse his office to protect himself. We will do everything in our power to allow the Special Counsel to finish his work and follow the facts and the law to their conclusion.

DJT in full-on diaper shitting mode today. Glorious.

I’ve long thought that the only way Trump avoided disaster during the 2008 meltdown was with Russian money. Burke was his Tax attorney at that time… and I’m wondering if that is part of this.

Back to Cohen and lying to Congress about the timeline:

Edit - written by Ken White of Popehat

Cohen’s plea is only one shoe dropping in a boot warehouse. Who else lied to Congress about the pursuit of a hotel deal in Russia? Donald Trump Jr.? Did the president himself lie about it in his recent written answers to Mueller’s questions? (His lawyers claim his answers matched Cohen’s.) Even if the pursuit of the hotel deal wasn’t criminal (and there’s no evidence it was), everyone in Trump’s orbit who made statements about it—whether under oath or in interviews with the FBI—is in jeopardy today.

Is Manafort’s hearing tomorrow? Can’t wait to see what Mueller’s filing says for that.

And DeutscheBank is getting raided today? Probably unrelated?

I could totally see the FBI finding something during their investigations and handing it off to Interpol, even if it isn’t Trump related.

BTW, on her show today, Nicolle Wallace was able to confirm that Rosenstein is still overseeing all aspects of the Mueller investigation at this time.

Relax
its a
coincidence
obviously

(Off topic, but I kind of love that he has a range of tshirts)

As the cherry on the top of today’s Trump Tower Moscow sundae: it turns out that the Trump Organization wanted to bribe, er gift, Putin directly. With a $50 million penthouse.

I expect Mirram Dictionary to update their entry on Freudian slip.

Comey comes out firing in his motion to quash the Thanksgiving House subpeona:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/comey-house-subpoena/index.html

In Thursday’s filing, his lawyers argue that the House Judiciary and Oversight committees “have conducted an investigation in a manner that exceeds a proper legislative purpose insofar as members of the committees have established a practice of selectively leaking witnesses’ testimony in order to support a false political narrative, while subjecting witnesses to a variety of abuse.”

“Mr. Comey asks this Court’s intervention not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the Joint Committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative about the Clinton and Russian investigations through selective leaks,” his lawyers added in court papers.