Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Hey guys maybe President Ryan could make it under the wire!

You mean Jack Ryan, that hero that has saved America many times both in the theater and on Netflix? Hell yeah!

I don’t really want to defend Pence, but all he has to do is say that that’s what Trump told him. Unless there’s a smoking gun that he was actively involved, I can’t see an impeachment process just for lying.

But who knows. Things are weird.

Well evidently Donny does read some books. Actually probably not just staffers.

WTF is the deal with Alan Dershowitz?

Hes a fucking clown.

Or, possibly, fucking a Russian clown.

“All my bootlickers can vouch for my innocence! ABSOLVED!”

He gets shunned by the elites in Nantucket. Poor guy.

How do you reject someone cancelling on you?

EDIT: lol, looks like the tweeter misread the article.

Reads like a spy handler sending the “break out” code word.

Exactly.

If this shit goes down, we have president Pence. There is no way that the GOP will impeach Trump and Pence to grant Nancy Pelosi the presidency. Ain’t gonna happen. Impeach Trump to grant Pence the presidency? Maybe. But never Pelosi.

Agree with that, though I’d go further and say no way they impeach Trump. There’s no incentive for them to do it.

I mean, if Trump is tied to huge amounts of corruption, you can expect that to continue to hurt his approval rating, and having Trump on the ticket will likely kill enthusiasm and turnout in the more moderate states in 2020, basically assuring Trump a loss in 2020.

All of the posturing around the “Blue Wave” is one thing, but losing the house hurt, and Trump hurt the Republicans in this election. All of the northern swing states he won swung back to the left. If you held the election again based on approval rating alone, he loses MI, WI, PA, and we will see how OH takes the GM plant closures, maybe Ohio too.

I think that if there is significant findings in this investigation, you could see a lot of moderate republicans decide that having Pence for 2 years before a new election where they can get their guy, uggh Ted Cruz? is the least bad outcome.

The only Incentive the GOP seems to have is staying in power, and if the pendulum shifts that Trump will stop them from having that power… they will cut him off.

Republicans have shown that they are willing to trade elected seats for lifetime judgeships. Should be no different for 2020.

Under nearly every circumstance I see the most likely outcome as them playing out the clock until 2020. They will challenge any indictment and that could take years to play out.

Here’s the problem: Point to 20 ‘moderate’ Republican Senators who you think would ever vote to impeach Trump. That’s what it would take to do it before the next election. I can’t find them.

It is more complicated than that though.

I know I am being optimistic. But the GOP does a pretty good job of working as one. And even if a large amount of Senators don’t have their jobs on the line in 2020, this could impact their majority. And you could see non-moderate Senators moving to Impeach if Trump threatens the GOP majority in the senate.

The Trump approval rating was basically the prognosticator of who would win the senate elections in 2018.

In 2020, the Senate GOP could lose, Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, Thom Tills, and the to be vacant Arizona seat held by John Kyl. They have a 3 seat majority, and these states are trending blue.

The only other option I see is Trump getting primaried out in 2020, and the GOP holding on until then, which seems like the cowards move, which is probably what they will end up doing then.