Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

Congratulations!! :-)

A little update on my side: Lady Butterfly thinks I have improved and also she is no more! I guess next stop is the famous Genichiro-benchmark I read about in here. Already nervous…

Wow! Nice job, Lady Butterfly didn’t take you too long. I found her more difficult than Genichiro if I remember correctly.

It’s Zatoichi!

Good luck! He’s the guy who killed me off, But I think once @robc04 got past him, he was in good shape until some monkey gave him troubles.

He’s basically a Dark Souls boss. You have to deplete his three health bars. Don’t expect an early posture deathblow. So it’s an endurance fight. There is a hidden mechanic with him though.

Spoilers:

The malformed finger can stun him up to 3 times during the fight. Best saved for the last phase as it’s the trickiest with the added inclosed perilous sweeps he does. You can in fact effectively skip the last phase if you use the stuns in combination with mid-air charged Improved Mortal Draw and damage boosts (Divine Confetti + Yashariku’s Sugar).

Don’t you get a prayer bead from her? That’s why I make sure I do those bosses.

I don’t know why, but definitely I find the second one a lot easier. Maybe I just have my eye in by that point. Also, the cannon fire from the grunt in the middle of the lake sometimes really helps!

God, what a weird looking post!

Bro at this point I’m pretty sure it would be more of a spoiler to say if a From boss didn’t have more than one phase.

After returning from (short) holiday I met Genichiro today. He seems ‘okay’, I reached phase 3 (yeah, I could have seen it coming…) but now I have called it a day. For the first time my left hand cramps somehow. That might be the result of extensive remapping (the paddles of my Xbox Elite controller really are more responsive than the other buttons).

Well, tomorrow there will be no gaming but on wednesday I shall declare Genichiro gone (fingers crossed) - if phase 3 is just a bonus with some lightning but otherwise the same. I like the fight and I am optimistic. I felt far more lost fighting the Seven Spears-mini-boss for the first time.

I generally find his third phase the easiest to be honest. He doesn’t really show much new and the one thing he does is easily countered for massive damage. It’s more a victory lap than a phase.

Not if you don’t know how to do it, as it’s the first time the mechanic is used. He does do more thrust perilous attacks though, so mikiri counter prevails. Both when you are a good distance to close the gap and after he finishes his long combo, which I feel he is prone to do less.

Genishiro’s down. I danced through the living room. My wife questions my sanity. As if my dancing and cheering were inappropriate. What does she know? Has she ever swung a sword? Been a Shinobi? :))

[Don’t be concerned, this is a happy marriage. Oh my, it took me longer than anticipated.]

If she had, you’d be a lucky and also probably frightened man.

Not dancing and cheering would be inappropriate! Congrats!

I still need to try and beat the boss rush gauntlet DLC. The first one ends with Inner Genichiro. DLC challenge boss variant. He has extra bullshit moves.

Niiiice.

Ape down. Ape down! I beat him on my 3rd-second-phase-try. I decided that this sounds better than ‘after an hour’ : ). Well, thank you, umbrella. I could keep close and after his terror roar there was a big opening. The first phase gave me some trouble. New rule: A guide without a video doesn’t count. They wrote I should keep my distance. No way! That made the fight much harder, too long and frantic for me. What worked (thanks YouTube) was staying close, blocking/deflecting some, lots of movement and thereby waiting for his outrage dances to end. Everytime he sort of was done I attacked him aggressively, Ichimonji Double granted some bonus hits. In the end that worked pretty well. Oh, and if I had not known there was a second phase I would have freaked out!!

btw.: I still don’t know if I like or dislike that Sunken Valley-/Gun Fort-passage. (I pretty much loved everything before - incl. Senpou Temple. Without resurrection and the many checkpoints I would have hated the Gun Fort, I guess. The Gun Fort is classic From Software-troll design, not? A little platforming before an aggravating mini-boss? Yeah, why not! I fell at least five times. Overall it’s was very different from before: Linear, not much options how to proceed.

Now I’ll upgrade my umbrella and hope to take a (original) Headless down.

p.s. Thanks for the good spirit in here! ; )

p.s. edit: The ape-video above, I guess that’s the running-strategy I could not pull off. Interesting that that’s supposed to be ‘easy’.

Oh yeah, gun fort. I barely remember it. The kind of From passage that afterward feels like a fever dream.

That’s a good way to put it! I like it and it really fits for some From Software game sections. (And it actually speaks for the quality of their desgins, one could argue.)

Yeah I think the gun fort is maybe the most fever dream like because for several bits of it as I recall you can’t really stop. Just swinging around in the…fog? Getting shot at, no time to think just gogogo.

That’s awesome, you got through that ape much faster than i did. I didn’t get the umbrella until fairly late, so I never really learned how to use it well. You’re making great progress!