Sentinels of the Multiverse Play by Forum: Season 3

Oh… Well. Bunker still sounds like fun.

I’m fine playing any hero in the base game who is not sought by another player.

I literally just got handed my Rook City/Infernal Relics box. How tough is The Ennead villain?

It sounds like we have a consensus on sticking to the base game with the following:

Tom: Wraith
Dreamshadow: Bunker
Gedd: Ra
tylertoo: Anything
Jay: Legacy/Tempest

I’m thinking for Villain we should play Grand Warlord Voss, which is why I have Tempest in the list. It is always fun to have someone play the villain’s foil. Legacy is also a great hero to have and makes everyone else better. I would suggest between tyler and I that we pick those two. Additionally, whomever plays Legacy should probably start. I don’t want to be that guy that runs over everyone in the game so what I’m posting is a suggestion just so we have a place to start from.

Villain: Voss
Environment: Mars Base
1st Player: Jay (Legacy)
2nd Player: tylertoo (Tempest)
3rd Player: Tom Chick (Wraith)
4th Player: Dreamshadow (Bunker)
5th Player: Gedd (Ra)

Go ahead and suggest changes and if we can all give the thumbs up I’ll have this set up by tonight and post the Villain turn (and first player turn if I stay in that spot).

-Jay

Looks good to me! I will apologize to our forum leader in adavance if I jump in at the wrong time… as I am Tom as well. :)

Looks good here [runs to read up on how to play Tempest]

EDIT: My 1,500th post!

Thumbs up!

For justice!

Wait, that’s a really boring motto. I’ll try to think of a better one while we’re fighting Voss.

-Tom

So here we go!

[I]The alien known as Tempest had warned the humans for years that HE was coming, but no one would listen. Voss had devoured countless worlds in his quest for domination. It was only a matter of time until he targeted Earth. Thankfully, Tempest had found a few to heed his warnings. They had prepared and were waiting for Voss at the Wagner Mars base, hoping to spare Earth the brunt of the invasion.

The Freedom Five would not be cowed so easily. [/I]

Voss’s turn, round 1:

During villain setup I was required to play 5 minions from the villain deck at the start of the game. We got (in order); Gene-bound Shock Infantry, Gene-bound Banshee, Gene-bound Ion-Lancer, Gene-bound Guard, and a Gene-bound Soldier. Voss has no other start of turn action on his villain card, but now is at -11 damage dealt to him from his minions bonus and his Advanced mode bonus.

At the end of the Villain turn, I resolved the minions actions in order. First, the Shock Infantry (take note Tempest, this unit is immune to lightening damage) did 3 lightning damage to the hero target with the highest hp (Legacy).

Next, the Banshee does 3 sonic damage to the hero with the most ongoing cards. Since we all have none, we have to decide who takes the damage. Note that 2 more minions still have to go and will do 2 damage to the hero with the highest and lowest hp respectively.

A shot from sidekick

Edit: I will add higher res pictures of the physical setup if Gedd needs them (until his cards show up):)

I’ll volunteer to take the three from the Banshee My sidekick shows Legacy starting with 32 hp… bug?

Nope. That is a shot of sidekick after the first minion resolved his 3 damage to the target with the highest hp (at the time Legacy).

So now we need to finally decide which one between wraith, bunker and tempest takes 2 more damage from the Soldier (I’m not in front of the cards so I might have the name wrong)

I’m pretty sure bunker and tempest can both regain hp, so it depends on what you guys drew in your opening hands.

So, uh, dumb question, but the idea is that we all have a deck of cards that we maintain at home? I’m kinda new to actually participating in these forum matches.

And, yeah, if it’s all the same, I’ll let one of the tanks suck up the damage until I get my Suture Self. Get it? Suture Self. Suit Yourself. The Wraith is totally known for her word play.

-Tom

I was about to ask the same thing.

That’s how we handled the last two games.

Okay, Bunker deck is shuffled and I’ve got a hand of four cards all set… and I have to say, I like this opening hand.

Sorry to make it more of a chore to run, but if you could do high res pics I’d appreciate it. I’m going to be ordering the game today, so it may be a few days until I get it in.

Edit: I have higher rez images now, but might need to tweek them a bit. Let me know if they are a problem.

It is not a chore at all Gedd. I will shuffle a Ra deck from here and take pics of the cards until you get yours at home. Then you can play it from there.

Sorry about not setting up the grounds rules earlier. I had figured we go off the previous thread format (my fault for not spelling that out). So yes, each of you shuffle your hero deck at home and then when it is you turn, you play like you would in person, letting me know what you did and if you did any damage to the villain. I will keep a copy of your deck here so that we are all on the same page and can sync up if there are any problems. Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions since this is my first time doing this as well. Make sure to keep track of your hp and statuses, as I have been known to goof from time to time and that will keep me from making errors.

So here is what we are up against on this first villain turn.

And this is the Grand Warlord Voss card for Gedd.

So let me recap what happened. Voss starts with 5 minions in play based on his setup (For Gedd, H = the number of heroes in play) as per the setup instructions on his card. He has no other play actions. I then drew a card (as per the rules you play the top card of the villain deck each turn. I missed this earlier by the way, so I’m glad we paused here) and he got another minion. So he has six out now. He is 4 away from winning the game as per the hero loss conditions on his card.

It is now the end of the villains turn (that is a defined phase) and I have to resolve each minion’s effect in order if they have an “at end of villain turn effect”. The first is the Gene-bound Shock infantry (left most in the first picture). He does 3 damage to the hero target with the highest hp. At that point it was Legacy, so he goes from 32 to 29.

Next up, we resolve the Gene-bound Banshee. She does 3 sonic damage to the hero with the most ongoing cards. We are all tied with zero, so we get to decide who “wins” that tie. Bunker volunteered to take the damage, so he is now at 25 hit points.

Next up, is the Gene-bound Ion Lancer (3rd in the first picture). He does 2 energy damage (I’ll cover damage types in a later post) to the player with the lowest hp. Since Bunker is at 25, he is the lowest, and takes two more damage. He is now at 23. I think we’ve just taught Dreamshadow to never volunteer again:).

The 4th minion does not have an end of turn effect (Gene-bound guard) so he is passed for now. His effect is to make the heroes deal 1 less damage to all villain targets.

The 5th minion (2nd in the 2nd picture) is a Gene-bound soldier. He deals two projectile damage to the hero target with the highest hp. At this point it is Ra with 30. So Ra takes two and has 28.

Finally we are at the sixth minion. A second Gene-bound Ion Lancer (3rd card in the second picture). Again, this deals two damage to the hero with the lowest hit points. Bunker is at 23, the lowest, so takes two more and is at 21.

This is the end of the villain turn, as we have now played all the end of turn effects.

At this point we are facing six minions and the hero status is shown in the sidekick pic here.

Looks like Bunker took the first barrage in the face for us. Time to help him out and beat on some minions. I am going to pause here before playing legacy and make sure I’ve got enough info down here for everyone. Please let me know if this is a good starting point. I will also try and keep a shot on the first page of the sidekick app so it is easier to see where we are at. Feel free to keep a villain deck at home too so you can come up with a fabulous strategy to get us out of this mess.

And remember, you should only have 4 cards in your opening hand as a hero. Excelsior!

Bah! Bring it on! One last little note… how much table talk is allowed? I’ve got an AOE damage card that should be able to take out two minions and damage one more (with Legacy’s Galvanize)… but I’d like to get an ammo drop in play first. Anyone else got AOE in their hand?

I’m all for it since it is a co-op game. My only concern with waiting is you are going to eat at least 4 more next turn if we don’t take out those Ion Lancers.

Images are now fixed. Might be a bit much, so I’ll see about reducing them a little.

Awesome rundown jaygittings! That makes this much easier to grasp/follow.