Severance (AppleTV+) - Adam Scott in a weird Ben Stiller joint

Here’s the 4K version on the animator’s YT channel:

Definitely adds to the creepy/quirky vibe.

Lots of things in show feature the melting optical effect and I wonder what that’s referencing? The melting of their sanity? The melting away of the barrier?

Nobody in the workplace (sans specials) is supposed to have memory between the workplace and personal environments but our main character seems to have some recollection on either side. Is he the only one?

I had a laugh at the 4 person dueling cube office they have because I actually worked at a place that had something similar. Our cube walls didn’t go up and down but the little peek area between each other was a window in our case. Almost like whomever designed it wanted to encourage coworkers to fib on each other for fucking off. And using a similar thing in this series was PERFECT for the atmosphere.

The tempers thing was in Bioshock Infinite too wasn’t it?

I picked up on red vs blue colour coding (outtie vs innie) among other symbolism.

Ooh, good spot. And the main character also has both a blue and red fish in his fish tank!

Yeah, I think it’s the barrier breaking. Irving sees it when he dozes off, and falling unconscious seems to interfere with the split – Helly comes back as her outside personality on the Severed floor after her hanging.

Here’s some questions: is one of the characters we’ve met actually an Egan? Is one of them a spy for the anti-Lumen activists? Helly’s looking likely for one of the two – either would explain her outer personality’s apparent cruelty.

Here’s a comprehensive powerpoint making the case.

@rei That leaked spoiler is nuclear level. I wish I hadn’t read it. You may want to remove it entirely.

I put spoiler tags around it!

Is that an actual spoiler or a fan theory?

You may want to put a warning before the spoiler tags that says “LEAKED DO NOT READ”. When I’m caught up with a show I like to click spoilers without fear.

Apparently it was on IMDB like that at one point.

Yeah, I agree. The preface to the spoiler is “there’s some cool fan theories out there:” and then the spoiler is not a cool theory, but a leaked plot point from an unaired episode.

Nice, all fan speculation should be done in PPT with Lumen graphics.

Another theory:

Mark S => Marx
KieR Eagan = Reagan

We caught up to 7 last night. Great so far and we already have our own theories going. But there are so many questions too.

There are some funny highlights to the show as well, I love the brother-in-law to death, both his character and the book quotes, which are fantastic, reminiscent of Jack Handey.

The role that that dumb-ass book plays in opening the innies’ minds is the most brilliant thing about the show so far. Love that.

Jack Handey-esque indeed. Thank you!

Friends are convinced everyone is up to no good, and Mark’s sister and even Ricken are secretly working for Lumon along with Alexa.

That would be inconsistent with what we’ve seen of them away from Mark. They seem at a minimum suspicious of Lumen and the Severance procedure, if not downright hostile.