Shadow Warrior 2

Start slotting some “+% ammo drop” gems I guess? I’ve only done a couple of missions so far, but I’ve seen a few of those shrines already.

So this is the first game to implement Nvidia’s multi res shading, rendering screen edges at lower resolution to give up to 30% more performance at 4K.

This was meant to be a thing for VR, interesting to see it used in non-VR games as well. To be honest I thought the game seemed somewhat more aliased that usual, now I know why! Even so, hopefully this starts filtering out to VR games soon.

Such a nice vegetation rendering

Cyberpunk!

Environments are nice, but damn the characters are ugly.

Aw shit I didn’t know you could equip an AMULET and ARMOR UPGRADES and ABILITY UPGRADES until 5 hours in!

These are some nice bonuses, kind of a bummer the game didn’t nag me about this stuff earlier seeing as how I was holding these great upgrades and they were not being used at all.

Well, that explains why I felt the game was getting a bit difficult…

@Paul_cze’s screenshots sold me on the game. I picked it up this weekend but didn’t have any time to put into it yet.

Can’t wait to have some alone time with the Wang.

I picked this up after watching Tom’s stream. I started with the normal level difficulty but I can kite so well with the shift speed burst that I probably should have gone one level up.

I also love the pop culture references and haven’t skipped a single cut scene. Sometimes you just need to take a break and wallow in some sophomoric humor. The girl in your head is like a sassy Cortana with a backstory from Sigourney Weaver in Ghostbusters.

Enjoy. Alone Wang time is the best time.

Okay, I’m beginning to enjoy the dialog more. Wang sounds to me like Ken Jeong in The Hangover. So after you get Kamiko in your head and get some upgrades, then what? I can’t seem to find a mission.

Once you get to your hub area, you’ll see exclamation points in the map. Like an MMO.

Also, don’t make the same mistake Tom did on his stream. You have to click on the dialogue.

Speaking of the map, it’s just a slightly larger mini-map?

Yup, what more do you need? The minimap is a masterclass in efficient design.

I’ve been playing GW2 and Neverwinter. I’m used to full screen maps. OTOH I can see how that could be a problem for a fast moving FPS.

Ohh that would be such a bad idea here, I think. The minimap, I feel, gives the perfect amount of information in the moment. I personally love it.

I think that the maps should have more mob/enemy density. Or maybe that’s because I picked the normal difficulty level. Is there something like Grim Dawn’s veteran setting that would allow me to tweak that or do I basically just need to finish this playthru and go up a level?

Edit: Never mind. You can change the difficulty level on the main menu Doh!

I’m on normal now but early in the game. So far it seems a decent balance. Things might change later on, from what I’ve read.

Oh yeah the dialogue. The story is kind of awful which is weird because I remember the story in 1 being surprisingly … thoughtful, in its way.

The way of the Wang is long and hard … and ribbed for her pleasure.

…story?

I thought this was just a bunch of stupid, random shit that strung fights together.

I just got nailed a couple times by ‘The Cook’, which was my first death(s) in the game. Seems fine for my tastes so far, just hard enough that I’ll have to start being more careful with building guns to target weaknesses.