Shadow Warrior 2

Ohhh, The Cook was a toughy for me as well.

Yeah thankfully his game state was persistent, and he didn’t reset! Though thinking about it, it may have been more instructional for me if that happened.

That reminds me of The Butcher from Diablo.

Ha, yeah bit of an homage eh?

I enjoyed the dialogue after the mission with the chick back at base, where I wasn’t meant to kill him - she wanted him on the payroll. ‘He was kind of far gone’…

*actually, I just realized it was ‘The Chef’, not the cook? Either way, he was a son-of-a-bitch. :)

Is it wrong that the (spoiler of around 40% in the game) dying scene of Smith really made me laugh?

As for you Wang, easy on the dick jokes.

"If you ever, ever make another dick joke, I will kill you!"

"You can have my dick jokes when you pry them from my cold, dead, wang!"

The writing is on point :)

Yeah, I’m enjoying the game a LOT so far, including dialog/story. I don’t expect it to live up to Shadow Warrior 2013 in terms of story and all, but, just like my experience with the previous game, it’s been better than I expected.

Yup. This is what DOOM should have been (and DOOM was awesome!). Plus I like how the game does force you to use ALL your weapons to some degree. Love that this game isn’t afraid to better than Borderlands.

Only issue, I finished the game and wanted MORE (about 15 hours on Normal). At least there are more difficulty levels.

BTW, Doom did just release an Arcade Mode… which is basically a score attack mode with all these powerups. Its pretty dang good.

Is it me, or is there a giant Wang in the stars?

edit: There was a patch recently, as I had to re-allot skills points. Also you can now swap slotted gems, no need to first remove one if all three are in use! This is massive usability improvement.

Question: I noticed in the achievements the mention of bosses that I didn’t kill while on those missions. Will I be able to go back and get these in Free Roam? I wouldn’t worry about it too much, but it seems that there are weapons tied to these bosses.

Edit: Also, secrets; I haven’t found one single solitary one of them. Any pointers on what I should be looking for?

I think you can face the mission bosses as many times as you want in Free Roam. Not all of them have special weapons as drops, I think, but some of them certainly do.

I have found a few secrets - they’re usually in hard-to-spot alternative paths. Remember to look up when you’re going through caves and the like, since a couple I remember where in double-jump-dash-reachable ledges that were otherwise easy to miss.

This is one glorious trailer, better than the official ones

Shame my ancient Sandy Bridge cannot play 4K at 60fps smoothly, have to do with 1440p.

Also, I finished the game some days back. Enjoyed it thoroughly. But I do prefer nonrandomized levels of the original.

The game is really, really good.

Obtaining rage mode z in the story progression finally means the bosses aren’t quite the ammo-sponges they used to be. About damn time.

I also really like using invisibility to amp up melee damage. If you hold to charge melee attack while invisible, combined with max invisibility skill, it’s massive damage. Also lets you get a moment to breathe during large engagements with lots of enemies, which is nice.

A lot of the skill points with the minor 10%, 20%, 30% increases are not worth it. I recommend my strategy to pump up the core skills:

• max health skill
  • max mana skill
  • max invisibility skill
  • max movement upgrade
  • 3 bars of rage skill
  • 3 bars of mana regen skill

Some of the really powerful skill upgrades cost 10 SP (!) for the final step, but that’s also how you can tell where the good skill paths are.

I have had terrible luck trying to use the light guns like the einhander and submachine guns. Even with geminate aspect (dual wield) and all the damage upgrade gems I can find, they’re… just so weak. I have far better results with the double-barreled shotgun and the heavy pistol in dual mode.

Still not a fan of micro-managing all these goddamn tiny upgrade slots, though.

That’s the worst thing about this game, not only that there are so many to manage, but that the UI to manage them is fucking awful.

The weapon design in this game is outstanding. Considering how many different weapons they came up with, they’re all fairly unique. Look at this pistol I just picked up. It’s so Mëtal!

I also got a demonic submachine gun that has 100% chance of free clip, but you can only use common upgrades on it.

I’m loving these bonus Fury weapons. I have fury maxed in skill points so it goes on for a ridiculous amount of time.

Big DLC out today. And it’s free!

Free Christmas Update

Hah, gotta check that out.

Just finished the save Xmas mission event and got a really cool reward. Not sure if the event is limited time only but if it is, I would really recommend doing it. The present delivery at the end is really funny.

Can you just jump into the event from whenever?

I hope they leave it in so it’s there by the time I get this!