Shadow Warrior 2

Played the first 2 main missions - just got to the point where it seems to have gone open world. I definitely prefer the shooting over the sword in most cases.

I’m glad I waited until I got the game free from gog. While the game is decent enough, it seems similar in play style as new Doom, but new Doom is much better. As cringe worthy as some of the dialog is, they deliver it pretty well at times and some of it is kinda funny.

This is one of those cases where the game is good enough, but maybe it would be more worth the time to replay Doom. I can tell the weapon mod gems are going to annoy me. I hate the need to mess with damage types, and one enemy being more prone to fire damage and another acid. It’s one of my few complaints about the Dark Souls series. Nothing fun to me about trying different damage types to see what works best vs different enemies.

Fun trailer for Shadow Warrior 3, due 2021…

Wait when is the gameplay reveal?!?

Like it matters. In until they convince me not to be in.

Gameplay on Sunday I think I saw…

Awesome teaser. Here is hoping its not looter shooter anymore.

I’m hoping it is, though loot both more meaningful and easier to manage.

Seconded. I LOVED the looter shooter aspect but GOD all the trash loot and shit inventory management…

…so, you didn’t love the looter shooter aspect… :D

Yup. Inventory and the UI for managing all the modifier loot was awful.

Hahhaahahaha yes I loved the loot, just not the management of said loot.

This will be the studio’s first shooter not running on their in-house engine. Flying Wild Hog are now a two-project studio, they’ve drop the Roadhog engine in favour of Unreal 4, and were sold to Supernova Capital (the same guys who own Splash Damage).

I thought their engine was pretty nice, if I’m thinking of the right thing - Hard Reset before Shadow Warrior right?

Yeah, that’s the one. It powered all their shooters until Shadow Warrior 3. I loved how it confidently handled destruction and enemies on screen, so I hope the game feel doesn’t change dramatically, but according to the interview with the CEO I posted above, it became a hindrance when trying to port the games to consoles and their small team was struggling to keep up with the new features their contemporaries were implementing.

What the…!? No Wang gags?

Oh fuck yes, when can I pre-order?

I expect it will as fun as the last one - which I found great to dip in for a few levels between more “serious” games.

I do wonder if this is at risk of being “cancelled” due to the Asian jokes.

More footage here

Someone make a thread, I’m lazy today.

IN. SO much in.

I wish I liked linear FPS games more than I do! I would be so excited right now.