SHE-HULK: Attorney At Law - Tatiana Maslany, her green CGI doppleganger, and more Ruffalo

While I agree Ghost Rider looked good, there’s a very different uncanny valley issue with a Hulk character. I would expect that wherever you set the budget on any show, it would be easier to make a flaming skull look cool than make a big green muscly person look convincing, and I suspect the Hulk characters will have a lot more screen time per episode than Ghost Rider did.

So what I’m saying is that even for a show that made GR look good, this is about what I would expect for Hulk from a network TV budget, and I was hoping for more from a shorter series on D+.

This is something I agree with, certainly. I do kind of hope they take the feedback (that I assume they are getting from not just Qt3) and hopefully planning to put some more money into it. I don’t think I’ll really mind too much though - the title of my original thread mentioned Cortana because while she looks … off, a bit, CGI wise, she works for me and is a cool character all the same. Of course, being she’s a hologram, I think my brain is auto-adjusting those expectations. With She-Hulk some shots looked like a kids-TV program, such as maybe a Star Wars Rebels or something. Not great.

Missed opportunity on the jump scene to show her landing in, y’know, literally any other way than perfectly. Isn’t she supposed to be a newbie to this whole heroing thing?

Every time she walks it looks super fake. It’s like the liquid metal Terminator movement.

True, but it’s probably not her first time jumping and landing… I mean, she’s doing it from a further height than a normal human, but the actual act is largely the same whether you do it “super” or just jump like normal. Plus, we don’t really have context for when this happens in the series, I assume (I don’t really remember the scene you are referencing).

Still the best Banner/Hulk.

So say we all.

I just love that genre of shows, where our hero encounters someone down on their luck every week and helps them out. The Fugitive. The Incredible Hulk. The Equalizer. Quantum Leap. Early Edition.

Quantum Leap was the best one because of the time travel, it gave them much more flexibility on what type of story to do.

Even better when they have a vehicle! Knight Rider, Airwolf, and of course A-Team (new vehicle every week, plus the van!)

Good call! I loved those shows too. I think my favorite episode of Airwolf was one in which Stringfellow Hawk goes to help a small town deal with their evil sheriff. He gets put in a jail and has to be rescued by his old man companion flying Airwolf.

I love the 80s. They’ll deploy Airwolf to battle a crooked sheriff and then the next episode he’s dogfighting Russian MiGs… in a fucking helicopter.

Not just any fucking helicopter. Fucking Airwolf son.

Pre-school me was in heaven with these shows. Airwolf, A-Team, Knight Rider, and of course Incredible Hulk. These were all on the air at the same time! Alright, Hulk was in re-runs… it was canceled before I was born, but still, I saw it.

I think this is one show we will pass on.

Ernest Borgnine, say it with respect! Also, watch some Airwolf these days and your jaw will drop at the flying stunts they did. Like Mad Max, you don’t realize how numb CGI has made us all until you see the real thing again.

I was impressed I remembered Stringfellow Hawk, considering I haven’t watched the show since the 80s. I honestly can’t remember Ernest Borgnine’s character’s name on the show though, so it must have been a lot less memorable.

Something really Italian. Dominic Santini something, I think. The Name Making Guild went crazy on Airwolf. Wasn’t the boss’s name Michael Archangel or something like that?

I only remember that he wore an eye patch, like a pirate.

I think.

Goddamn I need to find Airwolf on streaming now. I’m nostalgia-ing so hard right now.

She-Hulk is cool too I guess.

Here’s where Airwolf is streaming: