SHE-HULK: Attorney At Law - Tatiana Maslany, her green CGI doppleganger, and more Ruffalo

As a kid I found A-Team fun but also extremely irritating. How is it no one EVER gets hit and the baddies just melt away? I felt like they were pushing a stupid gun narrative that you can shoot them anywhere and there’s no worry about injuring or killing anyone.

Airwolf had nukes. It was a hypersonic nuclear helicopter. ahahahaha

Donald P Bellisario is the GOAT. Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, Magnum PI, Quantum Leap, fuckin QUINCY… he made all those shows.

The She-Hulk trailer lost me when her friends loudly comment about how great her ass looks in Hulk form during some appearance in public. They already set the tone with the first shot of She-Hulk being her landing a jump & a pan up her back, then cutting away before we see her face as she starts to look over her shoulder at the camera.

I’m not expecting Pulitzer Prize writing, it’s the same “reluctant hero learns their powers and rises to the challenge” story Marvel uses. You could put Spider-Man in those scenes and barely change the dialog. But despite the window-dressing of her intellect, successes in a competitive field, and the predictable but possibly subtle twist on the role of physical strength in dating (they touch on that subject twice, so the full episode may be as unsubtle as a ton of bricks), overall the trailer junks all of that by significantly reducing the character to Marvel’s Ass Fetish Object.

So the theme I got from the trailer was, “Girl power. HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT MY ASS!”

Side note: they could fix some of the Uncanny Valley problem by redirecting part of the “elbow and lower arm” budget from Abomination to her. I hereby dub the part where she meets with Abomination the “Asses and Elbows” scene.

Probably they brought in Pixar to do some consulting on the character design is all.

That looks like it’s going to be an absolute joy to watch!

Much more Ruffalo than I was expecting. Plus also, 4th wall breaking. Can a She-Hulk/Deadpool crossover be far behind?

I was thinking Fleabag, but Deadpool is slightly more comic-booky.

That looks a lot better than the teaser from a few months back.

Hopefully he’s in a lot of this rather than this being a “trailer shows all his scenes” kind of thing. But I bet he ends up being more of a cameo than a regular character. We’ll see…

My guess is he’s in multiple episodes, but always in flashbacks where Jennifer is thinking back to her origin and training. (With, I hope, some fun digs at flashback and training tropes.)

This is also a chance for them to make interesting use of the Blip, because they can use those 5 unshown years to give her time to set up her back story. Though there will always be that guy who moans that, “If She-Hulk was around for Endgame, why wasn’t she in the movie?”

I don’t think there’s any indication any of this show is during the blip, I think it’s all “present day” MCU.

I bet they have flashbacks into the blip - that gives them 5 years leeway on backstory they can use as setup for the current plot. They just need to render She Hulk out of action for the Endgame time frame and it’s all good. (I’m gonna suggest she was “mired in unending deposition hell and couldn’t superhero”.)

This could be a chance to connect the missing character development links between Infinity War’s Banner Can’t Hulk Out and Endgame’s Hulk Is Well Rounded Now.

I don’t think they need an explanation for why she wasn’t in Infinity War and Endgame other than: she wasn’t a super hero at that point. I can’t remember if her backstory is touched in in the trailer or if I saw it somewhere else, but AIUI she’s a super hero because she had a health problem and got a transfusion from Bruce Banner (he was a good match because they’re cousins), so she now hulks out. That could easily have happened after Endgame.

I’m just saying they COULD extend her backstory back a few years if they want - it’s easy to make fit. Or not. Bottom line: I’m not bothered by the potential issue either way.

Oh actually I guess maybe some of this is pre-Endgame, since Hulk’s arm is okay in the training scenes we see in the trailer. Unless his arm eventually healed post-Endgame. We also don’t know why he’s back to Banner form in the Shang-Chi stinger. So many questions!

But I guess before this thread I just assumed that setting aside questions of Hulk’s timeline, I assumed the show would start with She-Hulk as powerless in the more or less “present day” MCU and we’d see her story unfold starting there. No reason it has to be that way though now that I’m considering everything.

If they stick with Always Hulk like in Endgame, I imagine they can just get someone else to do the mocap work and have Ruffalo essentially be a voice actor.

I am just SO SO eager for this, it looks like such fun, and Maslany is so great.