Shinji Mikami does Halo? Vanquish

@tomchick FYI they fixed the damage bug above, but you have to enable the beta patch (assuming it isn’t made public by Wednesday).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/460810/discussions/0/1290691308573046864/

Thanks for the heads-up. Of course, I’m so good at this game that I wouldn’t have noticed a bug that makes you take extra damage, because I don’t intend to take any damage.

BTW, it’s hard to believe this is the guy who went on to do Evil Within. What I saw of Evil Within was a plodding turgid horror chestnut. How do you go from the wacky excess of Vanquish to that?

-Tom

Turns out more than one guy works on each game. For example, Hiroki Kato, the guy who designed the combat system in Vanquish, is the same guy who designed the combat in God Hand. So basically he’s the best guy ever. Excited for his next game? Well too bad, because he left game design to become a farmer. Who does that? It’s like playing Agricola for the rest of your life but all of the pieces are heavier and you have to go outside a lot.

This feels like the setup for a kung fu movie.

Or a kung fu farming game.

I know everyone loves this game, but I’m not feeling it that much. I tried to be as stylish as possible and not sit behind cover. I think I’m just tired of shooters. Too bad I never played it in 2010.

How far did you get into it? Are you playing on hard? For me, like with Bayonetta, it took a while to click. I think it was one of the boss/set-pieces that did it, killing me very frequently until I was forced to play really frantically.

Yeah, this seems to be a somewhat annoying requirement of Platinum games. I was going to play through it on hard as well, but I wanted to stop after I had to drag myself to the end. I figured I would shelve it for a few years until I want to play some shooters again.

I’ll give it a little more time, maybe the first act on hard and some challenges.