Should I Be Worried About This Dude?

Especially the first letter looks like feminine hand writing, too much rotundities and missing the typical masculine angularness. You sure your date isn’t playing unordinary games with you or is advertising herself in an unusual manner?

Seriously.

I’m not sure how we’re meant to come to a decision here until we’ve seen what kind of cards you’re giving her.

It’s a store bought card, fool.

Read the first post, stinkin’ dweeb.

Cradle robber.

I have advised her that my gut instinct is he’s just horribly socially awkward and shy and harmless, but to try to avoid being alone with him and to also tell him in no uncertain terms that she is not interested. What do you guys think?

I think you’ve done your due diligence here. She’s an adult, therefore it’s her responsibility to deal with the situation. You stepping in would be a sign that you feel the need to control her business for her. Perhaps she thinks it’s nothing she can’t handle, in which case, it’s her call to make.

Also, shit in his mailbox.

Clearly it’s the dude’s mom.

Oh fuck, hahaha.

I just sent this to my wife. Oh man, I wish I had this ten days ago, right before our anniversary. I am dying.

Jeez, that is creepy. One note is an indication of a socially awkward person’s crush.

Three notes is entering creepy stalker serial killer territory.

Not only would I be afraid of her having contact with him alone, I’d be afraid of letting him find out you’re the one dating her, lest her show up on your doorstep one day looking to make you disappear.

She needs to tell him in no uncertain turns that she’s simply not available, she’s got a boyfriend, hell, even go so far as to get her a piece of costume jewelry she can wear at the school to make it look like she’s engaged.

This kind of social awkwardness isn’t unusual. A (male, and straight as far as I know) grad student in my department whom I don’t know all that well except that he has debilitating OCD occasionally sends both me and a female friend of mine horrendously flowery Facebook messages, and these cards kind of remind me of that. I guess we’ve never checked whether it’s the same message, come to think of it. Looks like I’ve deleted them, so no samples, sorry!

Anyway, I don’t think the guy is going to be dangerous but it probably helps if your girlfriend mentions you because then you get to deflect some of his ire.

Ass Burgers?

(slightly NSFW but it’s a pretty hilarious GIS for Asperger’s and Ass Burgers)

Dude is definitely socially awkward and living in a dream world. But I’m sure he’d vanish right quick if you ever mentioned your past career to him. You know, should the subject come up.

I had a nightmare about this last night. So the rest of you can be all “awww he’s just socially awkward” but I still say that she should keep at least 3 firearms in arms reach no matter where she is!

That’s some seriously feminine writing. Like, the crack about his mom writing it? Has to be true.

Clearly, BillD, you need to man up here and tell him, on her behalf, that while she’s flattered and think he’s a nice guy for the right woman, she’s not interested, and not force her to do it herself. That is, after all, why she’s passing those notes on to you.

The strange vibe people are picking up is that homeless guy vibe whereby just engaging in any communication with them causes them to attach themselves to you. Communication also conveys mindshare: who does Mr. Homeless guy think of next time he’s hard up for cash, or needs a hit, or otherwise is doing something unsavory? A random person he’s never met, or the person that’s tried to engage them with civility?

The appropriate thing to do at this point is gently but nicely tell him, as the guy dating her, after all, that she’s already seeing someone, best of luck next time. This puts the guilty-party burden upon yourself, not her, which helps protect her if things turn sour in the future. It’s important to be polite though as he has, as yet, done nothing bad, just awkward.

Seriously? I really can’t tell.

Man, I cannot disagree more with Enidigm. It’s not the 1940s, you know. Girlfriend-of-Bill is perfectly capable of dealing with Clingy Stalker Dude on her own. After all, if she’s got the cojones to put up with a son of a bitch like M. Dungsroman, she’s obviously no wilting hothouse flower.

PULL YOUR STUPID SPINE OUT OF YOUR DUMBASS ASS!

YOU NEED TO MANG UP AND SECURE YOUR WOMEN!

BILL DUNGSORMAN YOU ARE THUMBDS DOWN!!!

You’re an idiot.

Besides being pretty retrograde, Endigm’s approach also will not accomplish what Bill D’s ladyfriend seeks - permanent discouragement. If the guy thinks the only thing standing the way of his true happiness is Bill, he’ll simply wait until they break up and then try again.

Or he might, you know.

Good ol’ Enidigm, reminding us that he’s got progressive views on the sexes.