Show me your Steam junk drawer

I could probably stand to split out some of these categories further. At the time I initially set it up, the categories feature had just launched, and the category picker ignored mouse wheel, so I tried to keep it to the number of categories that fit in the window exactly.

Thanks to this thread, I was inspired to reorganize my Steam collection so I have a flow based on priority, such as stuff I might get in a bundle that I wanna try eventually, or stuff I really wanna try the next time I’m cruising for a random game. I think this categorization will work for me, finally.

I am really not sure why Discord is making it all blurry. Sorry!

You’ve got 118 games to play immediately, you better get busy!

Working on it.

I’ll just be in a coma over here.

You go girl!

At my peak I averaged 6 games per month. That immediately pile would take my past self almost 20 months to finish. And more games are coming out every day.

Fin…ish…?

Only 15% of your games are space games? Very disappointed! ;)

This is just on Steam, you see…

That’s true. If I wanted to play this many games, I’d have to dabble for only a couple hours in most of them.

Yup, that’s pretty much it for most games. I don’t finish much, but I do enjoy a lot. :)

My system is mostly based on genre, except for 2.
A Quick Game - contains games that are easy to play for just a little while.
The blacked out one - Games that are suitable for my son. I’m paranoid about putting info about him on the internet so I blocked out his name.

There are some games that are problematic because they can be applied to multiple genres. Should Dark Souls be put under “RPG - Action”, or “Action - 3rd Person”. I have it under RPG - Action right now, but when I think of Dark Souls it is the 3rd person action that stands out the most, so I should probably move it.

Dark Souls is to each person whatever that person puts in it. Put Dark Souls under “Favorites”, where it should obviously be. Problem solved!

Actually, thinking of Dark Souls, I think I’ll make a “Soul Killer” category.

Naw, I just put it under my “Action - Adventure” category, which is where the majority of my 3rd-person whatevers go.

This seems like a good place to ask: does anyone know definitively whether playtime is removed from the games played list if you permanently remove a game from Steam? I get conflicting answers from all the neanderthals in various Steam forums. Steam itself says achievements and playtime are not removed but the Internet says that in some cases it is.