Show us your un-GIF images and image macros (that are interesting)

titanic

Looks familiar.

This is the destroyer of worlds

Herman, the Intergalactic Planet Smasher

Oh god, this. Got in trouble with that one the other day… we’ll not that specific phrase, but still.

I was just trying to link this from my phone, and failing.

That is so damn true. My doggies are already freaking out about the occasional boom right now. But it’s still early and light out. In about two hours I will deal with barking and various forms of hiding.

Poor doggos. They really think it’s the end of the world.

My cats were chill. They were all “been there, done that”.

Originally from FB post, which says “She left the last one at Carrie Fisher’s memorial.”

In England until the… 80s? there were Sunday trading laws which were supposed to be in line with a reflective Sabbath, so certain things were not sold on that day. So you did get the occasional BUY THIS APPLE (get a free wardrobe)…

Yeah, we had that in Arkansas but without the free wardrobe.

(For some reason I don’t even wanna know, they were called Blue Laws.)

-Tom

Contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence that blue laws were originally printed on blue paper. Rather, the word blue was used in the 17th century as a disparaging reference to rigid moral codes and those who observed them, particularly in blue-stocking, a reference to Oliver Cromwell’s supporters in the parliament of 1653.[6] Moreover, although Reverend Peters claimed that the term blue law was originally used by Puritan colonists, his work has since been found to be unreliable.[7] In any event, Peters never asserted that the blue laws were originally printed on blue paper, and this has come to be regarded as an example of false etymology, another version of which is that the laws were first bound in books with blue covers.

North Dakota still has blue laws. On Sundays grocery stores don’t open until noon.