Since avatars are now for everyone, what Patreon perk should replace it?

Patreon is clearly looking for a few good men.

Aleuria aurantia

My contribution to this site is irrational. 3.1415 before taxes. Now everyone knows and I don’t know how I feel.

Hee… thanks?

Oops, now I’m worried whether I’ve been using that word correctly. How embarrassing.

-Tom

Well, I’m glad for this thread because it made me realize I hadn’t updated my expired credit card on my Patreon, Sorry for the couple of fallow months, @tomchick! The situation has been righted.

And right during the giveaway-palooza. Grrrr…

Felix looks like he stubbed his toe and in cartoon fashion has a huge, throbbing red paw.

I hope this approach encourages more folks to become patrons.

Very nice!

Somehow you gotta logout of Qt3 and login by clicking the “Login with Patreon” to sort of trigger the connection.

Changed my email to match my Patreon account - does it take a while to sync/refresh? (also logged out and then logged back in with Patreon).

Hmm, Discourse won’t let me change my email to my Patreon addy (which is my primary email - for some reason I have one of my gmails here), says it is already in use.

Logout and login again but click the “Login with Patreon” button.

I did that (but changed my email here at Qt3 to match my Patreon account)

I changed my email in Discourse to match Patreon and nothing happened for almost 3 hours. Then I logout and login with the id and it worked. YMMW of course.

Ahh perfect - need to wait a bit then and it should work. Thanks for being so responsive

Just to be a crank…

I’m happy to be a Patreon supporter, but if I don’t want the flair, nor to see the flair Patreon image stuck on everyone else’s avatar, can I turn it off?

Testing my new flair

It looks like I am trying to be assimilated by the Patreon logo.

Seems to me the flair is a good thing (either on the avatar or maybe displayed after the user name). It shows your support, true. But I’m mostly interested in whether it will remind and encourage more non Patreon posters to support Qt3 and Tom. If so, that’s worth the bit of Patreon noise.

Sure, but since I am a supporter, I don’t need to be reminded of it and it looks too noisy. A toggle to disable flair would be welcome. Even if the toggle is only available to supporters!

Mr. Goodbar proved too dangerous.

Ahh! There are crosshairs on Zoidberg! Who would want to shoot him! Also, a little tequila is all right now and then but I wouldn’t say I’m an exuberant evangelist for Patron, at least for an exclamation mark.