Slay the Spire

It kind of does though I think. It costs so much that it basically wastes the turn you played it when you could have been killing enemies. And then the next few turns are marginally better. For combats that will go 5+ rounds and you get it on round one, it’s a good play. Outside that, it’s wasted deck space in my opinion.

I should mention that if you have in your deck and a miracle card so you can double-cast it cheaply then it is tons of fun.

All the various Form cards kind of suck unless you have access to 5+ energy or something (like Snecko Eye) that makes their cost bearable. But then they are great.

I had Deva Form in my last run as well. Plus two energy relics and the two +2 miracle cards I mentioned. I never needed energy, but I only had 2 or 3 draw cards, so sometimes I didn’t have the right hand to take advantage of the energy.

I googled it later and someone pointed out The Watcher needs energy the least out of all the characters. I’m not sure if that’s true. I didn’t think about it too hard. Just something to keep in mind.

Well jeez yeah, high energy cards suck if you don’t have the energy to cast them. Revelation!

First turn Omniscience+ into Omniscience+ into Fasting and Deva Form trivialized many battles.

So, playing the new hero, I want to like Wish, but I can’t. That 3 energy hit is just too punishing. Anyone seen any success with it?

So to unlock the new character I have to re-beat the game with the Orb guy? The new guy is locked and it says that’s what I have to do - even though I have beat the game once with each character. Am I missing something here?

When is this coming to mobile? If you Google the title, there are a ton of people asking for it. Including me now I guess.

Damn, you fell hard into that one. Did you go to the bathroom and stuff? :)

It’s all relative. I played 2-3 games per night for about 5 days straight. For some people those are amateur numbers. To me that’s way too much.

Android news: https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/comments/emn1vr/mobile_incoming/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Yay! Time to triple-dip.

(And keeps StS eligible for the Quarterlies every year, like @Brooski joked.)

The difference being I know my limit and I know what the game can do to people. That’s why I’m stopping!

Oh, I have no doubt.

Personally, I like to play this while I watch TV, it’s a low-stake way to spend time, since I’m so familiar with it I rarely have to pause my show to concentrate and/or read something. Conversely, I just got Dragon Quest Builders 2 and it’s interesting so far, but I need to pay attention to it so no watching TV while I play, at least not yet. And in a strange twist, this has led me to playing even more Slay the Spire, as I’m really into watching Justified (for the third time…) these days.

I had a successful run last night (though no heart, and no Ascension) mostly thanks the the two wishes I had, and occasional Omnscience into double wish-plate armor. Extra gold for easy fights and plate armor for hard fights is awesome (also helped that I had the +5 hp whenever gold gained relic.)

I had this once as well, two Wish cards and a Duplicate potion (how awesome are these, btw?), so I ended up with 24 Plated Armor for the final battle and that was amazing.

I had this on my wish list because it looked interesting and it popped up for sale on Steam for $13. I think Ill bite for that price.

It’s also on GOG for the same price.

Diva Form

No issues here - I haven’t played (on PC) since I beat normal no heart with all three characters last year. The new character was unlocked for me, just an fyi.

When I do come back to this game, I think this will be the advice that helps out the most. I’ve read a few tidbits on how to play and I try to be aggressive and fight an extra elite here or there throughout the game. But I really ought to fight as many as possible. Relics smooth out RNG, and if I die to an elite, that means less wasted time compared to showing up to the final boss (always stream rolling everything) too weak to beat it.

This is the approach I took on my second game with The Watcher. I’m sure I had good luck overall but I could already tell a difference.