Slay the Spire

Hooked again!

Yep it got its hooks back into me as well. Omniscience into Gamma was a pretty neat combo. 100 damage to all enemies at the end of every round. Haha.

Won my second Watcher run with Battle Hymn and Establishment combo. 3hp left, but I even got the heart!

It’s a pretty amazingly good power combination.

I reinstalled. To hell with my family.

On my first game back, I beat the Heart for the first time with Ironclad. It was your typical strength and Heavy Blade build with everyone’s favorite relic: Snecko Eye.

The lulz continued when I used a duplication potion on Limit Break to get 32 strength. I made the Heart invincible two turns in a row with a single Heavy Blade each.

I don’t totally have a feel for the Watcher yet, but if you handle your stances right and get extra energy points in a turn, you can drop some pretty insane damage. I’ve had individual turns where I was thinking, “Jesus, how’d I do that?”

I uninstalled again to bask in this victory. I love my family.

The new potions made the ascension mode more manageable. For Silent, I was able to beat the boss with the strength buffs each turn - Cultist Potion.

Which makes you wonder – is that a potion for cultists, or a potion of cultists?

You sound confused. Are you drawing two extra cards every turn by any chance?

It mimics the ability cultists use, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t also made of them. It could be a two-fer.

Yes, that’s what I was doing last night. The stances are key. And you don’t want to go into Wrath stance without being able to get back out of it the same turn.

The best way to Watcher is to get Wrath out of your deck entirely and rely on Divine stance. Problem is, there’s no telling when/if the RNG gods will give you a card or cards to do that with. If you can swing it, a deck with a couple Like Water cards, a couple of cards to get into Divine, and a couple of cards to get back into Calm will just wreck stuff.

One of my favorite new relics is the one that double potion effectiveness. Couple that with the relic that heals when you drink, the relic that gives more potion slots, and/or the relic that makes potions appear every fight and you’re onto something. Some of the new potions are crazy, but doubling them? Yeah, I’ll take twelve armor per turn, thanks! Sure, let’s Regen 10. Why not? :)

And then you accidentally take the relic that gives you more energy at the cost of no more potions :)

That nearly happened to me more than once.

I’ve been pretty happy with trading my starting relic for a random boss relic as my choice lately. Unless I get the “can’t see enemy intentions” one. That one is a death sentence for me. Even if you know all the possible enemy move-sets, there is still RNG in what moves the enemy does each round so outside of bosses with certain scripts you never know when you can go all in or need to defend like your life depends on it.

Umm… I have something to tell you guys…

Is it that you love us, you really, really do?

I reinstalled again.

I beat the heart for the first time with The Silent. I got the double potion effectiveness relic, the +2 potion slot relic, the gain 5 HP when using a potion relic, and three Alchemize cards to create potions. I’m drunk now.

That means I’ve beaten the heart for the first time with each of the original characters back-to-back-to-back. It’s all thanks to Snecko Eye and the advice to fight all the elites. That piece of advice was what I needed to not be so frustrated with the game.

I am so late to this party. Just picked this up yesterday on sale and can’t stop playing. Why didn’t you guys tell me it was this much fun?