Slay the Spire

Ahhh, I didn’t notice your excited post a ways back was a month ago. Ha, 28(ish?) days since you’ve got it and 2 of them were spent playing it!

Not bad for 15 bucks, eh?

Edit: I should add that I have, uhh, 77 hours. Gosh. That is a lot of hours.

Thanks! Maybe a Fathers Day gift for me then, heh!

https://i.imgur.com/ORfxitq.gif

First win with Ironclad. Boy, making sure you have a baseline level of block you can rely on every turn is important.
I had to pretty much completely ignore building my DPS into the deck to focus on getting good block cards, and just as important was card draw that i could press as an emergency button to get MORE block cards when a boss decides to drop a 50 damage attack on my face.

Depends on the build, but generally that’s not a bad plan.

I’ve had runs where I could drop 400 damage in a round. Dual Wield on the giant damage card that ends up free after time with strength build gets insane really fast.

Just trying out the Defect for the first time. I really like the mechanic but am trying to get a feel for all the new cards that were introduced.

I got my first win on Ironclad today as well… and did it in exactly the opposite way! No blocks at all by the end. I’m sure if I went back and read everything carefully someone already said it, but so much is based around getting some good synergy between the rare (a.k.a. good) cards and the relics on a given run.

I won (and fairly easily at that) with an upgraded Double Tap, an upgraded Bludgeon, and a deck that thinned out to 8-10 cards after the first cycle through (using all the powers and other exhausts). I also picked up Feed from an event pretty early (+4 max HP if it’s a finishing blow), so I was running 140+ max HP by the end. Cool stuff, and after five hours I can definitely see this as a ‘going-to-beat-it-with-every-class’ kind of game.

Congrats! Wow, I really wish there was some kind of replay functionality, I’d love to see that run. I’ve NEVER had more than 80HP max. In fact, I’ve only ever lost max HP!

Picked this up last night and it’s great. The decisions for the cards are great and I look forward to seeing everything this game has to offer.

win #2 and first win with the silent, using a slightly modified version of my “get every block card” strategy in which i get every anything. i got the relic that gives you two relics per elite so i hit every possible one on the way and that helped a lot in the end.
this time the time eater was a total pushover compared to being completely insurmountable as ironclad.

I beat Ascension 3 with The Defect! That took a long time!

So this is a must buy, for the current steam sale, even in early access? :)

Anyone mess with a controller? I was all excited, but it doesn’t seem to work over my steam link.

Yes.

Nothing about it feels early access to me.

I’ve been stuck on Ascension level 3 with the warrior class for a while. I’ve made it to the last boss but just can’t crack it.

Yes!!! And based on the latest changelogs, it seems like theyre pretty much ready to leave EA with controller support as the last todo.

There’s still the mysterious third mode that isn’t available yet. Endless mode or something?

yeah, it’s available on beta branch, there’s also a lot of seed codes you can add to change your starting resources.

Yeah, I’ve seen some footage of a youtuber named wanderbot playing endless mode. The number of relics you can stack up is redonkulous.

I was told by a friend last night this is complete, for all intents and purposes, except for the endless mode. I wasn’t sure whether to believe him.

-Tom