Smell/Taste Aversions

Split

You guys are making me hungry. I already had eggs, so now I still have to find some fried okra, split pea soup (I’ll put celery in it), and mayonnaise…I have that on lots of stuff, so no problem there.

Thanks for helping me plan out my day. We need more threads like this!

Mustard salad dressing would be my aversion. It was the last thing I ate before becoming violently ill, and is therefor now associated with being violently ill.

As for pumpkin pie, I loves it dearly.

Tequila, also.

Side note – if you’re piss-ass drunk and going to bed, move the box fan away from the bed. Cuz if you puke into a running fan, it will make one helluva mess.

I’ve never been able to drink whikey/scotch/burbon either. I’ve never OD’ed on it, I just can’t handle the taste. I can occasionally have a weakly mixed Windsor Coke, but that’s as close as I can come.

No serious food aversions.

After an awful, awful evening in college, Jagermeister is now off the table.

As for food, I’ll eat anything, except for raisins. A vile, pointless waste of a perfectly good grape.

Food-wise, there really isn’t anything off the top of my head that makes me gag. I’d have to say that the worst thing to get down would be squash. However, a good squash soup is the bomb.

Ever since the incident, I can no longer drink gin.

Scotch of any ilk. Even a sip of a good single malt will make me run for the bucket. But the weird thing is, I never drank it to begin with.

And actually, most booze of any sort that isn’t watered down with coke or seven up, I avoid these days, but I think that may just be my liver’s revenge.

Since it’s that time of year, pumpkin innards. I can’t stand to be around when someone is making jack-o-lanterns.

Oh man, but roasted pumpkin seeds are the bee’s knees!

That may be, but I don’t eat anything pumpkin based out of principle at this point.

If I were averse to all the booze that I’ve gotten sick on then it would be impossible for me to ever get drunk.

Gin is divine, even if it does make me want to riot. Watching Unforgiven without following along with whiskey would be impossible. And how could I ever work in my garden without a rum mojito?

Actually, fresh mint for mojitos was the reason I started gardening.

Used to have a bad reaction to the smell of rum and whiskey for reasons similar to everybody else - now, not so much. Speaking generally of unpleasant sensations, I really loathe ice cream sticks in my mouth (which probably traces back to an experience I can no longer recall), and the feeling of dried mud on my hands (which may be a negative reaction to work).

Bacon sandwiches greasy to the point of there being cold, standing liquid slime on the meat.

You lot drink too much.

Ok Theo, give: what do you do for a living?

Wait–this is supposed to be a thread about aversions, not mouthwatering pig fat.

When i split up with my first girlfriend I drank 2 litres of cheap cider, and was violently ill.

I can’t even drink apple juice now.

Took me about 12 years to get over my tequila aversion after my 21st birthday.

I still can’t abide screwdrivers or other mixed drinks with a pungent juiciness. Party punch is fine, and Grasovka and apple juice is awesome, but the mere inkling of a mango drink makes me feel ill.

I love me some pumpkin pie. And gin, but only in gin-and-tonics. The one night I drink multiple martinis I ended up booting all over myself in the cab home.

Wait, do you hate this individually or collectively? Because I got to admit, that sounds like a great hot dog you’re making there, or maybe on a brat.

Acorn Squash. The smell alone makes me gag. And yet, my mother kept serving it to me as a kid because she was convinced I was just being picky and stubborn.

Cider for me, after the usual teen party. Also the smell/look of boiling tomatoes.